Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sassy girl last night Lol (love that word)

Big earthquake hit Japan yesterday afternoon (no where near me) but it reminds you so last night I wanted to check on her rock because she sleeps under it. As I checked it she ran out, got into her fight position and sassed me!!!! LOL BAD GIRL!!!!! She sure doesn't like being disturbed at night time!!!!

So rock is safe now, well it already was so I should say more secure. So this morning she's basking away looking at her water and veg waiting for her bugs but sadly she has a big wait today as they are in the post! It will be interesting to see how many bigger size she eats.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, poor Shiro, no bugs! How did she react, did she just eat her veg? Did you get them in the post for her today?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Her reaction is not touching veg, back turned to me, stink eye and generally pissed off. She's so naughty!!!!

Funny thing is she occasionally looks around to see if anything is happening.

OH wait I have some crickets left!!!!

Dubia will be here in the next hour :)

Did you see my previous post?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I get the dubia and sort them out and put them in a bowl for her and does she eat them..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BAD GIRL is sulking so much she won't eat!

Incredible!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Put them in their dish and leave her with them, she'll change her mind. But yes, they do get annoyed or angry and they do pout. That sort of stops after they're a year old, so you're going to have a real show going on. She just makes me laugh so much :lol:

Yes, I saw the previous one about the earthquake, I'm just glad it didn't affect you. We have lots up here, too, but we're not that close but we are on the ocean, so we'll see.

I have my bedroom to myself now that Eric is sleeping on the new mattress. It's lovely to have my space back again. It's the only privacy I have and even so, alot of Eric's clothes are in a pile on the floor in front of the armoire. Only place for them...we'll see how that goes, depends on if he's still going to stay here or he gets back together with her, not sure how that's going.

So I'm up for the day now, will check in tonight.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad you have some space back!!

Today is furniture hunting day........ See how that goes.

Bad girl didn't have one dubia yesterday so I'm interested to see what happens this morning. I was thinking maybe she wants crickets??? Not going to happen, but that would be crazy!! Also huge she's going on so she's not too happy with that going on. It's weigh and measure day so see how she likes that :) :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So she ate bugs this morning :) I can tell she wants crickets but that isn't going to happen, once a month treat I believe.

So her weight at 3 months old is 67g and 27cm long
Considering she was 6g 2 months ago it's not bad :) need to get a 75w bulb still. Today or tomorrow. Her 50 me is doing the job and she seems to bask more which I think is good because she's closer to the UV.

Held her this morning And she seemed to enjoy that. Climbed all over me and say on my shoulder quite happily. I think after being angry at you they hold a grudge the next day!!!!! Holding etc is like us asking them for forgiveness even though we are trying to do good for them always.

I was wondering why they get more expensive at reptile shops as they get older. Is it because of the amount of bugs, veg, powders and generally difficult to raise from a baby to a healthy juvenile/adult? Because she was expensive at 1 1/2 months old so I was thinking if she was say 7 months old she would be a lot more expensive, especially being white.

She's lovely and such a personality. I will never for get her sassiness LOL she was so tiny and in the corner with her mouth wide open!!!! LOL LOL now if Gabriel did that it would be scary but her size, it's just funny.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's doing SO well, growing, growing, growing. I would figure there wouldn't be too many 7 mo old beardies in pet shops, alot of taking care of, bugs, etc. I've never seen a beardie older than 4 mo old at a pet shop, but then our local one got their reptile room closed permanently, as far as I know, I don't go there much anymore. Buy everything online now.

Good luck with the furniture search. You might find that Shiro goes thru relocation stress after you move, they hate moving, they like everything as usual. You'll have to let me know, once you're online after the move, how it all went.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's quite strange the relocation stress. Same tank same everything same people etc.

She dived in her bowl this morning and chowed down!

Oh really? At reptile shop I've seen some that are over 7 months old. Maybe more popular over there. I met some Canadians at Canon Gallery, they were on holiday and he bought a book :)

So hmmmm what can I do to make it less stressful for HER? LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Make sure everything is the same in her tank, that nothing is out of place. That will reassure her, even though the new place is strange. She'll get used to it, you'll see, she just might not want to eat for a bit, so be prepared, just in case. I know when she didn't eat, it took you by surprise, but that will happen.

Even though crickets are evil things, It won't do her any harm to have crickets once in awhile, just buy enough that she'll eat them all, or the few left over, feed her the next day. They don't have to be fed for a day.

Otherwise, my son brought the kids home tonight so I could have them tomorrow, seems Tara needed some time off (she had since Thursday, for Pete's sake. I really loathe this woman, who still has my son by the nose. Even though they're separated, she comes 1st, even before the kids. I'm going to have to point that out one day...well, maybe not :lol: He refuses to talk about her to me or me to her, which is probably a good thing.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Good to know! Such a beast!!!! She has learnt how to give the stink eye!!

I will get some crickets and honey worms for when we move her tank and give her lots of hugs. A great thing about the use is that the sun hits it all day and even at sunset! She will have lots of time on the balcony with me. I sat there today for 30 minutes and it was amazing. The hole has mesh already so it's lizard proof!

That woman sounds a nightmare!!!!! Kids sure do make it a lot more difficult even though it's nothing to do with them, poor things. I really hope it gets sorted soon. They will get a divorce? ERGH sounds nasty

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They were never married so no divorce, they've been common law for 7 years, same as married but without the legal part of it. The kids are up and watching TV for a bit as it's very years, just 7a over here,

She'll do fine. Just remember, with sun pouring over her tank, might get hotter than you realize, so make sure you have a good temperature guage to make sure the temps in her tank stay stable. Might want to leave her tank in the shade...see how it goes. That's why none of mine get sun on their tanks.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh yeh, no sun wil hit her tank. She will never have it hitting the tank. It's funny you mention thermometer because at the start I was so paranoid about the temps I have a stick one digital by basking area, another stick on digital in the middle, a regulater for the cool side as well as a digital hand held one that you point at a place :) lol

Just in my room she can roam free and go to balcony and sit in the sun or shade. It's lizard paradise!!! Unfortunately though winter is coming :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She'll like her lizard paradise, for sure! I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of your new home. How did she do with bugs, is she back on a regular schedule again?

Imp and Gabriel are up but I was so busy today I didn't give them any attention. Tomorrow is a free day, as the appt I had was moved to Thursday, so it will be great to have a day to sleep in and take care of my dragons.

Tonight I get to play with my leopard gecko and cresties, time to give them new food.

So the MRI on my hips was done last night, have doc appt on Nov 7 to go over results and figure out how to get back to work, as can't sit for long, can't stand for long. It's very aggravating to not know what's wrong with you in such a vital area. I go in on Thursday for arthritis assessment, they're going to go over my hands (full of arthritis) and then they'll have results of MRI, too.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeh she's back to eating as normal. I got S size from different company as the previous had run out but they were ss size :( she loves them so back to other company to get proper S size.

She still takes them even if soaked in water LOL she shakes if too much water. She shedding I told you and today it was coming off no problem. After every shed she's bigger LOL she's a funny girl :)

No dragon time is not good right! They let you know about it!!!! Moving is going well. I was putting lights up last night and all emenities are working now. Just waiting for Internet which is twice as fast as the one I have now. Actually the one I have now is super fast so.......

Hopefully move in properly by 6th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom