Trouble pooping & throw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, I haven't posted here for a while, mainly because my beardie, Ollie, has been doing really good.

But today, I saw him squirming in his tank like he was trying to poop, and his tail was lifted up, but nothing came out. I just thought he could be a little bit constipated so I put him in the bath for a while. He drank for an extremely long time, I took him out and he tried pooping again. It came out, and about ten seconds later, I think he vomited. It was like a gooey, watery mixture, no food in it, probably just some spit up.

He seems fine now, he's been running around, but he's still got a black beard and made a few hiccup noises. Did he just drink too much? What's going on?

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated. I'll probably schedule a vet appt. just to be safe.

Edit: Black beard is gone, he has calmed down quite a bit. The poop looked normal.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor Olie, it sounds like he recuped quickly though. Had he been drinking regularly or do you think he was dehydrated ? It just sounds like he was very thirsty, then drank too much so you might just watch him for a while and see that he's back to normal but it sounds like he'll be O.K

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1bzp4dph said:
Poor Olie, it sounds like he recuped quickly though. Had he been drinking regularly or do you think he was dehydrated ? It just sounds like he was very thirsty, then drank too much so you might just watch him for a while and see that he's back to normal but it sounds like he'll be O.K

Hi, although I mist him with a squirt bottle daily, I don't give him as many baths as I should be (I give him a bath around once or twice per month). I would guess he is dehydrated, I'll start bathing him more frequently.

Thanks for your response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom