Staying Hydrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Hello all!
I've got two lovely girls, and I'm running into a slight problem with one of them.
Mufasa wont drink water, standing or dripped on her nose, and she is currently brumating so she isn't getting water from greens or anything.
Any advice on getting some water in her?
Thank you all!
Makayla

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
You could give her a bath every 10-12 days and see if she'll drink. If she's brumating she doesn't need too much care.

Does she seem dehydrated? If you pinch her skin does it reform quickly?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply!
Yup, the plan is a bath once a week when I get her up for a day. She just absolutely refuses to drink water out of her baths! XD
She doesn't seem dehydrated, when I pinched her the skin went right back to how it was.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad you think so! Any ideas on how to get her to drink though so we can prevent anything? She just hates water in any form, bath or drip or spray. :roll:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep offering via drips/spray on her nose. If she doesn't lick it up, then she is probably fine and doesn't need any.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
When I first started training pepper to drink from a dropper/spray bottle I flavored the water a little so he was more interested. Squeezing a little fruit into it, or a tiny dab of honey or even something like bee pollen might give t enough interest that she will start lapping it up. It took patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom