Do bearded dragons get jealous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon123

my boyfriend and his family have 2 bearded dragons Khaleesi 2.5 yrs old and Mushu 2 yrs old. The first time yoko (8 months at the time) has been in contact with any other dragons is when she met them. So while i was cuddling with her khaleesi came and joined us yoko was on 1 side and khaleesi on the other. Khaleesi started moving towards my neck and yoko got up and layed across it so khaleesi couldnt move any closer. She also head butted and bit the beards of both the older dragons.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dragon123

Original Poster
Gormagon hahaha i just found it odd as they are more solitary animals which are meant to show no feelings. So maybe it was more territorial?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Sounds territorial to me, possibly the beginning of a dominance battle. I'd keep her away from the others, doesn't sound like she wants to play nice.

Dragon123

Original Poster
Gail, i thought it was just cause shes used to having me to herself. It was just funny the seeing such a little one trying to battle these older bigger ones.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Reptile brains dont work that way. Jealousy takes a higher brain function than a reptile has. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying reptiles are stupid, but sometimes a reptile is just a reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom