Smarter than we thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good watch. Thanks for posting! I've read a paper recently (can't find it now) that described their learning via imitation as well. I think that for those of us who spend any length of time with these guys it's pretty clear they're smart cookies. I've found through my own observations that they respond really well to routine. They remember responses and consequences. I use it for bathroom training all of my guys.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
This is the first I have heard of reptiles learning through mimicry. I do know that they will headbob with owners, typically though it was confusion on species. Even have had them try to mate with my hand (gross). Typically reptiles have three things on their mind. How to find food, how to thermoregulate, and mating. I can't watch the video due to data limits. But I have read up more on it. I just wonder how often it takes place in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom