Nefarian- Boy I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cken27

nafarian_zpshxhxhx2t.jpg

It's been nearly impossible to use the flashlight I could get my dad to help but I think I see two lumps under his vent. Could an experienced Dragon owner elaborate? I have a back up name for a female :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....you need to hold his tail in the air while he's flat on a table or on your hand. Think of looking at a dog's rear end while his tail is straight in the air.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K, I meant for you to use that position[ tail in the air ] to take pics to post here.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's the right angle, and he looks like a male. Looks like slight hemi pene bulges there. Up above the vent is the area you look at, see what looks like 2 small sticks under the skin ? If the pic was just a bit closer I could tell for sure, but I think I see the bulges.

The other pic you posted first is impossible to even guess by by the way, so always post with the tail arched up like you have it now in this latest picture.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Its never impossible to guess from that angle. I can guess without even seeing the animal or with my eyes closed :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think you both win. Looks female in the first picture and male in the second (he's a boy, the second picture is the correct angle) =)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Second picture does look male. Can see the hemipenile bulges. Usually I won't say its definite without seeing the whole body to examine body composition along with the bulging. I also bend the tail back and look for the muscles tugging on the hemipenile bulges.
Its nice to be able to sex them even as babies. I have several gila monsters that are nearly impossibly to sex without an ultrasound or witnessed mating.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
He is quite pretty, I like his sandy colors :-D

Just wanted to ask, do you have another way of measuring humidity besides that stick-on one? Those can be quite inaccurate. Are you also using stick-ons to measure temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom