Sick beardie constantly laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi!

So when I was feeding Peta today, Tilly saw me fiddling with the crickets and lifted her head - out of curiosity I offered her one and she ate it (and 6 other - Would have eaten more but I stopped, dont want to over do it)
Shes still very flat and prefering the cooler side of the tank so Im just leaving her to what she wants really and am just moving her to put in fresh fruits and veg, disinfect the cage and check her wound.

I put a blanket in (she seemed to be battling to get comfortable) and she lay there for quite a while - I think the wound hurts a bit.

Very said to keep her on the smoothies but I feel if she wants to eat properly to let her and just coat the insects in milk thistle etc? Is this ok? I dont want to harm her by feeding solids too early but then I also dont want to keep stressing her by force feeding.

After her cricket meal so moved to another spot in the tank (out of a hiding spot and into a more open area) so I think shes feeling better?
I have spinach, strawberries, butternut, carrots, peas and blueberries - which I will offer her later, Ive cooked and cooled them so they nice and soft

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well that's a really good sign . :) Did she chew them properly ? Digestion begins in the mouth for toothed animals that chew food, she should be taking in food that is easy to digest. She is probably fine eating some crickets, just keep it to a minimum , 4-5, [ or 6 ! ] and try to get the smaller or fresh shed ones if possible. Will she eat them like before if mixed in the smoothie ?

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i gave her only the smallest ones so very little chewing required.

She would eat crickets all the time but prefers worms, which holding off on.
Im not sure when i should start introducing larger meals? was going to try tomorrow but not sure how many to go for. she wont eat the salad on her own just yet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Fed her a few smallish meals a day. The fact that she has an appetite is great, that means she's not feeling too bad at all. :) Still go with the softer foods, pureed if she'll take it that way and no big meals yet. Just 3 small meals a day to be sure she doesn't get constipated/bloated while her innards are still tender. She will catch up, don't worry about trying to rush it. Sounds like everything is going very well so far. :)

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all your Help, she seems to be doing better everyday - she wont eat pureed foods but will eat soft veg, so leaving it at that. I put peta in with her again but they ignoring each other and dont look happy as they used to look together so may just keep them separate.

Tilly ate Crickets again today - i now dust the probiotic on them so I can get it into her system. Is that ok?
When can I start taking her outside - Im worried the wound gets dirty and infected? but also want to give her more natural sunlight to help the recovery process

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Everything sounds good! Just keep the feedings small, she'll have plenty of time to catch up in the coming weeks. And you're right, she should have no contact with the soil or anything outside yet. As long as her uvb bulb is good she'll be fine.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: Tilly is back to her normal feeding schedule (crickets and salad daily) she is still only eating small amounts (she does not approve) but tonight she will get a bigger meal so I can watch her and will see how that goes as shes very hungry all the time now.
I am going to put her lights back to on at 6am and off at 8pm, Is that ok? It just makes feeding easier for me as it give adequate time to digest and then I dont have to keep coming home from work at lunch time to feed them :roll: :lol:

Vet said I can start bathing her this weekend so will give it a try - she loves her bathtime so im sure she will enjoy getting back to her normal routine.

Thanks again for all the help you guys, I cant tell you how much I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom