Sylphie's dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few days it'll be a month since we bought our pair of beardies. At first it was more of my boyfriend wanting them, but now I'm sooo in love with them that I'm sure we'll get more in future.

The more "orange" one is called Dragon Feet (oddball from oddball&citrus pairing) and is a female, the grey one (het. hypo citrus orange leatherback) is Bazyl, male.

After that month I noticed that Dragon Feet is more calm, she's the type that will lay and be petted. I'm not sure if that's because she's more shy and afraid of wandering around, or just more lazy, haha!

LKpH9qh.jpg

9FkokrU.jpg

47QsGyN.jpg

Bazyl on the contrary will sit still for a few minutes but then he'll try to jump around to see everything. Again, not sure if he's afraid and tries to hide from me, or more courageous and just likes to see everything around.

ZHBWKbm.jpg

CbO7MBF.jpg

Eau2Yd4.jpg

And today I decided that every month I'll do a progress pics, because man, they are growing soo fast. Especially the Dragon Feet, I never had reptile growing as fast as her.

qEGs4Fz.jpg

tDqrEys.jpg

(I'm sorry that the first pic is in box, I didn't thought of doing progress pics at the time).

Sylphie

Original Poster
Ha, today she waked up for a whole day, ate few worms, basked and bathed. She looks perfectly fine, I taked few pics and then she deicded that it's time for more sleep, haha!

pP1eP9L.jpg

pEVkJsd.jpg

sBJOzqF.jpg

I also love how every single one of them is totally different! For example, Basil is always pooping only in her water bowl, she never once went outside of it, and then she's patiently waiting for me to change it every single day... or Dragon Feet loves to just sit on my lap, but when she needs to go to the loo she'll let me know everytime, the first time I didn't understand what she wanted and when I noticed the tail being lifted and went to put her back in her tank she grabbed onto me as if saying "you didn't want to put me back when I wanted so now you deserve all of it!" and she's totally afraid of any insects others than meal or superworms... or Bazyl is like a super bro hooligan, very independent, hates cuddling, always messing around, trying to eat his bowls instead of what's inside of them and loving his roaches.

iyp6a0F.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
New updates! Both Bazyl and Basil had a big growth spurts in last month, while Dragon Feet is still trying to hibernate and eats less. Unfrotunately it's very dark and cloudy outside recently so all the pics are having that weird "brownish" tint to them... Believe me, they aren't all that brown/orange (both Bazyl and Basil are grey)! I hope there will be a sunny day soon so I could take a more realistic pics. But on the other hand I kind of like that steam-punk style on these.

Bazyl:
bazyl1m_zpsfvg6f7yy.jpg

kxXpote.jpg

fZiPN8I.jpg

IGx9Qtp.jpg

Basil:
8B6vaZz.jpg

MrlqGwa.jpg

gF431tN.jpg

DhOHu9V.jpg

Dragon Feet:

smocza1m_zpsmkdqlyd6.jpg

K97bkhM.jpg

yJGBIxz.jpg

CMfWTnN.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
New pics of our girl! She gained some weight back (she losed some of it when she decided that it's winter and she wouldn't eat for a week), and shed 5 days ago so has her lovely colors! We were lucky to catch some sunny light today, so the pics are finally good ones.

Bvka8WC.jpg

169TPeh.jpg

YF9VmoA.jpg

Mygkwvx.jpg

PKQD71T.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
Thank you!

Today I did some pics of our boy as he shed two days ago too! He's getting soooo big, he was always smaller than Dragon Feet, but now is even bigger than her! And after his shed he developed some yellow on his sides, I'm super suprised by this. I mean he was sold to me as citrus orange leatherback het. hypo, but he was always grey with some orange markings on his sides, no yellow at all! I just guessed he didn't have all the "morphs" that I got in his description, but maybe I was wrong and he's just a late bloomer ;) But I'll watch it just in case it's something like yellow fungus (yeah, I'm always assuming the worst).

And no, he's not that skinny, he was just taking a weird pose every time I tried to take a pic.

3cExozv.jpg

RP3l0Id.jpg

nybmrZk.jpg

rql4KMY.jpg

tuoG90Z.jpg

Spunky

Gorgeous beardies!!!! Great pictures too. I love being able to look at a sharp photo and feel like I can practically feel the scales. :)

Sylphie

Original Poster
Thank you JessPets!

Spunky, I like that in reptile photos too! That's why I'm always sad when the colors are not right, or the pics is not realy sharp.

Sylphie

Original Poster
Uh-huh, unfortunately in the freezer that we kept the greens for our dragons were also fish frozen food... And the fish food doesn't smell too good. Now the greens smell like fish food and our dragons decided it is horrible and they won't eat it. I guess they will spend the whole winter on roaches + fruits&veggies since we don't have most of the typical dragon greens in stores here. Lesson learned, never keep frozen greens with anything that can smell bad for dragons!

Sylphie

Original Poster
I'm amazed by our Bazyl. We bought him as Citrus Orange het. hypo, but I always thought that it was a little "farfetched"... it was okay since we liked his light grey color.
After his last shed he got a lot of yellow on his sides which was odd and I decided we will watch him closely for any signs of diseases. Two days ago he shed once again and well, I'm really stunned, he looks like totally different dragon! I know that they can become brighter/darker as they age but I never heard about a dragon that was grey for his whole life and then suddenly after 2 sheds became totally different.

Now I can't wait to see how he will look after few more sheds!

That was him when we bought him at 2 months old:
Lgbsakz.jpg

Here at around 5 months old:
4GKRxQu.jpg

Here two weeks ago when he developed some yellow on sides:
JgAZqfV.jpg

And pics from today, at around 7 months old:
5ETmYOM.jpg

rQxQncX.jpg

5wjAyoR.jpg

kiQYJ04.jpg

AEuV2bq.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":sctmzkpv said:
I can't wait to see his final color.

Me too! Since some time I was telling my husband that we need to buy a really yellow citrus female, as I would love to have one yellow dragon... now we laugh that Bazyl heard me and decided to be more yellow to please me, haha!

Sylphie

Original Poster
While our Bazyl boy is growing like a weed and changing colors he's also starting to be more grown-up character wise. He's very independent, always trying to run around, but also calm enough to being held for a while (then he's trying to run off so much that my hands looks like typical cat mom hands). I can't take good pics of him recently since he decided that I will not dictate him how he needs to pose!

Dragon Feet on the contrary is a typical sweetheart that will just lie on me until she needs to go to the loo. She's like "you should put each of my feet the way you like because I don't know what you need" and then will stay in that position until I move her to another one. It's definitely easier to take a good pic and no scratches at all ;)

You really can not love how totally different each dragon is.

Bazyl being stubborn on his weird positions:
14qZlnm.jpg

TILo7Dp.jpg

FdavIp0.jpg

And Dragon Feet:
qVSFmDS.jpg

tHvMaKW.jpg

nNjwtNM.jpg

MZi9jUc.jpg

FHmRuKA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom