Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ooohhhhhhh

22g now :)

Held her and stroked her after bath for about 30 minutes no problem :) she seems to enjoy it now. Took her outside for a moment as she's jumpy and that would be really bad if she jumped away!!!!!

Now she's looking at me like I'm trying to starve her because waiting for dubia to arrive. Also sad news, lovely lady at reptile shop has her last day at work today. That sucks as she's so good with the reptiles. The others are okay but she's really good and loving to all. It's a shame :( I REALLY hope the quality doesn't go down :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just be careful with Shiro outside, she is so fast. You need a small mesh cage to put her in to be outside. She's too fast to be held while outside, she'd spook and be off in a shot.

22g! WOW that is a bit increase; she's going to be on her way to getting big soon!

I'm very sorry to hear about the lady at the pet shop, that she's leaving, it's always the best employees who leave. I hope the quality doesn't go down either. It's good that you have such a good pet shop close by.

So Eric and Tara may become roommates as it would be cheaper than for him to live with me. At least that's the thinking and I think they're right. If they can pull this off (not right away, he's still thinking about it all) but after thinking about it, it might be worth it for him. It's a longer drive, but he loves to drive, and gas is cheaper over there. I would keep the mattress so if he was this way and wanted to stay, or came over on weekends with the kids, maybe for Sat night. It's all in the air, but he's right. I paid for it but it cost alot for him to keep food in two households. And then for the kids on the weekends and her and the kids during the week. I'm not sure how this is all going to go. I told him it sounds as if it might be better but I have to be allowed to see my grands and he agreed.

When they're a bit older, they can stay here with me for the weekend. I can pick them up, have the car seats and have them for the weekend. Eric says he and Tara won't ever be involved again, but might be able to be roommates for the sake of the kids. It's going to be difficult if he meets someone, but his heart is in the right place. He needs to make a good home for his kids and living with them would be good for them right now. He's finding that he's getting along better with Tara and isn't getting the anger he had before. He'll have alot to think about in the next month. I don't see him staying here for much longer, which for me, if we can get this organized with the kids and I'm not shut out, it will maybe be better. We'll see.

My dad is in the hospital, think it's a blocked heart artery, so he's there until Monday when he's transferred to a heart hospital for testing to see if something is blocked and to fix it then he's back in the hospital close to home so my mom can be with him (my dad is 89 and has Parkinson's disease so he can't use the end of his fingers and his hands shake, so my mom has to help him open the food packages at the hospital.) Anyway, that was a mouthful! I spend a little bit of time with them on Thursday, then spent 2 hours this am with them at the hospital. My sister was away house sitting, so she's coming back to town tomorrow, so I'll talk to her then. Both of my brothers have been, David (youngest) on Thursday afternoon and Richard, who lives close by, comes in often after work. Today he got Mom's car keys and filled the tank for her. He likes to do stuff for my mom especially. That's Richard, the next one up, then Gail, my sister, then me, the oldest of the 4 kids. And the smallest and the one with the most things wrong with her. :dontknow:

Anyway, my dragons had more attention in the last 3 days than in the last month! Gabriel got out and got around, with Bella watching guard. Bella goes back with Eric, too, if he's leaving, that's who I'll miss most, she's such a sweet dog, I'm glad she's my grandpuppy :D

I love to hear about Shiro and what she does during the day, same as I loved to hear about Princess Tengu. Her spirit is always with you, just as the spirits of all my dragons are always with me. It gives me comfort to think of them and to know I did the best I could with each of them. Princess will always fill your heart and it's wonderful that you can remember all these wonderful things about her. :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
super careful, but if she goes out again I will use a small cage and mesh for sure.

Yeh 22g I was surprised :shock: she is getting t be such a lovely dragon now. Bigger, whiter, less crazy and used to my hand. Last night she slept on her twine all night. It was sooooooooooo sweet. She had her front claws wrapped around it and her back legs back and her very long tail all the way along it. Tengu used to sleep on the twine so it was nice to see. This is a new twine actually because I threw the old one when Tengu got too big for it :lol:

This morning I held her again which was nice and she ate 40 dubia!!! I opened the 5 star hotel and WOW they were on top of each other in the jelly as it had all gone!!!! and in the pellet food they were all other each other eating it so i know shes getting goodness from them including veg!

Oh and the lady at the pet shop, we got her a Starbucks voucher and I gave her pictures of her white beardie on disc so she can print or PC or phone etc. She cried a little (very Japanese)

So................ Eric and Tara :shock:

Room mates is a great idea if she can be normal. I feel she is using Eric to deal with the kids but it is better for the kids obviously. You mentioned being "allowed" to see the kids???

Oh wow, I sure hope your dad is okay.

Your life has been a whirlwind for a few months now and if all goes to plan it will suddenly be very quiet and a lot more space! LOL the crew will be thinking "great more time for us" LOL

Keep well :D :D

PS
New picture coming later :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG, she is so cute! And so bit compared to even 2 weeks ago :D

I'm glad she's feeling more and more comfy with you, it makes such a difference when your dragon trusts and loves you. All of my baby dragons that that vine to sleep on and play on. Now my 2 cresties have one in their tank, too, that they crawl around on all the time. They have tons of leaves and they sleep wherever but always along the back. They were both out last night. I always thought Selene was bullying Camilla, but it turns out that's not the case. I have to start feeding Bunny and Camilla again tonight, they've lost too much weight. Meanwhile Selene is up to 49g, Camilla is 44g but Bunny is only 41g, she's lost 11g since she was put on Repashy. I don't mind feeding them, I'll do that every night this week and that should put some weight on them and get them eating their Repashy again.

Only Cierra is asleep now (Gabriel is sharing her tank) because both Nathaniel and Castiel woke up yesterday am. I fed Castiel but not Nathaniel as I'm not sure if he'll stay up. They bath had long baths yesterday. Castiel only lost a couple of grams but Nathaniel has lost 11, so once he decides to stay up, I'll be feeding him again. Give him another day or two, just in case he goes back to sleep.

Gabriel is still doing well, he just spent an hour in the sunshine, now it's time to get the rest to do that. And Imp still got to be on the ramp last night. They all got a turn. It is good to have my house to myself during the day again, took 3 days to clean up the mess the kids left.

Dad is in a larger cardiac hospital today having his procedure done and he'll be back at the hospital later today. My sister and I are going over to my mom's to keep her company and she wants to be back at the hospital by 4p (she's supposed to stay at home waiting, but my mom isn't like that), my sis is staying at her place tonight, then she's going back to the Island where she and her hubby have been house sitting, so she'll still get another week away. Then she's back Oct 3.

As for Eric and Tara, when he got home last night his only comment was "I won't be going to Langley any time soon". Tara is not a normal person, she has alot of mental and physical issues, so that relationship will never be "normal". I think roommates is off the table for now. He hasn't said much and I don't push(or at least I try not to). I just teased him about other things to make him feel better. He also went out for awhile, which was great to see. As for seeing the kids this weekend, not sure about that either. I'm sure Tara won't make it through a whole week with the kids, but told Eric I won't be here today and tomorrow I'm downtown at the foot surgeon's for the afternoon, so can't watch them then, either. Might have them Wednesday, will have to see. I'm hoping not. Eric's knee is much improved but he's wearing a brace to work to help support his knee. Will know more when I get home tonight to see if the brace worked.

You give Shiro a snuggle from all of us, k?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Very quick one before I answer you mail

Shiro has taken to hiding behind basking rock on the floor. She has her legs back and loving it. Is that a normal thing? Because it's rocks and warm so very "wild" like

Now she's sleeping on her twine again. She loves sleeping there LOL

Today was around 40 ish dubia again.

I soak the pellets in water until mushy and mix that with a little water an jelly for the dubia. WOW there must of been hundreds in the bowl just chowing it down. They will be super gut loaded!!! Really good for her. I was thinking to put the mix you sent me in a little empty jelly cup for the dubia of the day so I know she's getting it. Any thoughts?

Thank you and I will reply tomorrow to your mail. Eyes are so tired!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can put some mix in there, I wouldn't put water in it, though, just the carnivore care and critical care, 1/8 tsp each, mixed up together, in a small dish, and include the bee pollen, too, just sprinkle it in. I bet the roaches and crickets would enjoy the feast. What is this jelly that you keep mentioning?

40 dubia, just think, in another month or so, she'll be eating 80 to 100 bugs a day!

As for greens, put a bit in her tank every morning, even if she doesn't eat it, it's there.

So for the hiding, it's the winter slow down, seems to affect even babies, so you need to make sure she can hide behind the rock, put the rock in full light, so even if she hides behind it, she's getting her light to bask.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you

She is having around 60-70 dubia a day now! I hand feed veg in the morning and she eats it small amount but better than nothing! Hand feed 30 dubia and then leave 30 in the bowl. She is very comfortable jumping ion a nd eating them now. She sleeps on her twine every night and soooooooooooooooooooooo much calmer and a happy girl! She is so cute, she has a sort of smile shape on her mouth :lol:

Time to get a new UV lamp as well. It is 6 months today. Oh and soooo much better at me grabbing her now. It is very easy and she is happy with my stroking her and playing around with her. I seem to have 80% trust :D She is watching me type to you, same as Tengu used to :lol:

Oh the jelly is the roach jelly. Small little plastic bucket shape with jelly containing all the stuff they need, basically gut loading.

Now then............

Firstly how is your dad?
Secondly, Langley.........wow that didn't last long! Shame that roommates is off the table :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad she's doing so well with you, don't be surprised if she surpassess 60 soon!

Aww, watching you type to me, just like Tengu used to :D

I knew the roommate thing wouldn't work. He's been over to Tara's three nights this week and even though he's sleeping on my bed (I like the air mattress,) actually, he's not sleeping too well, too much in his head, especially finances, his pay was about $800 short, I make up $550 of it but that was all I could do. It's going to be very tight for him until Oct 15. I'll still buy him food but only for him. That's the deal.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ahh poor Eric. It must be a nightmare :( I remember it so well but again no kids so a lot easier. I used my credit card because I couldn't work and got in trouble with it. Long time ago now but I remember it well. In fact it's 10 years ago now :)

So Shiro is 26g and 20cm and I haven't weighed her for a few days. 60-80 dubia a day now. She is so funny in the morning!!! LOL she stands on rock watching everything and then jumps onto the hammock if I don't feed her bang on 08:30 and watches me until I feed her.

I think she will be over 30g by now. Her little spikes are coming LOL and her little beard ahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha still hates bath but better. What I love the most is being able to hold her with ease now. Such a lovely girl :)

Pictures soon

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, for Eric this is a total nightmare. I'm doing all I can for him to help him, he seems to appreciate it. I'm wondering how he's managing with the kids on his own. Will do him good, hopefully they are tired and sleep for him.

I love hearing how well you two are getting along!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Morning

Well big girl is 30g now and shedding again. Her tail is completely white :) this morning I just grabbed her with no running away or sassiness! Held her for ages it was great!

Now she is impatiently waiting for food! I look forward to her being 100g!

How's the crew?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LOL 50 bugs this morning !!!

Now she's happily basking looking at the other 50 in her bowl.

I think she will grow a lot in the next month.

Juvenile is 7-8 months old right?

edit* 100 bugs today :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wont give her anymore today

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Give her as many bugs as she'll eat, David, this is her fastest growing period. And juvie starts at 5 mo old and goes until 1 yr old when they're sub-adults. They full adults at 2 years old. Puberty shows up about 7 mo old and they are really goofy at that age.

Only Gabriel is up. I spent the weekend back and forth between my place and my nephews. I spent the night at my nephews. I was so proud of myself. I got rid of a ton of old stuff that had been sitting in closets and an armoir (in my bedroom) for 5 years, so it's all gone and everything the kids could get into in the bedroom is all put away. I'm still letting Eric sleep in my bed, I think it really helps him.

I fell leaving my nephews last night. There are 3 steps that turn towards the driveway that have no lighting, so I slipped. Luckily there are big bushes all long that area, so I grabbed those and probably did some damage, but I skidded instead of falling, so that was better. I pulled a muscle, feels like, in my right hip, so not doing anything today at all. Will probably sleep but at least lying down. It's in the middle of my right hip, near the joint, feels like, so must be a muscle. Had things to do today, but will put them off until tomorrow.

So I had a good dose of the grands, plus spent time with my nephews. Got a good sleep on Saturday night (very comfy bed) and then dozed alot on Sunday afternoon with their dog Choco. Ryder, my 10 year old nephew, was out with friends all of Sunday afternoon, so that was peaceful. And the 16 year old, Cole, is on his computer or doing homework all weekend. I did take him to the library Sunday afternoon and picked him up a couple of hours later. He was meeting friends from school to work on a project for school.

So I can home early on Sunday, made pancakes, took care of Gabriel (Imp is brumating, but not for long, I'll let him sleep today but he's up tomorrow. He's losing weight again, lost 12g last week and I was feeding him, so he can't stay asleep long, he's full of bugs! So I'll get him up tomorrow, make him bask (best way is on the ramp, he never moves from under that light). And have to get up soon for breakfast and then take care of Gabriel, otherwise I"m lying down, it hurts too much to stay upright for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom