Poop stuck to my beardies scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandeis

When my bearded dragon jumped up onto its basking spot somehow it got poop stuck to the bottom of its beard. I tried cleaning it off with warm water and my finger but it didn't work. Should I use a cloth or toothbrush to clean it off? I'm scared that the rubbing from it might hurt it. PS I'm saying "it" because I don't know f/m yet.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Give it a nice warm bath and then use a toothbrush to gently rub poop off. My girl likes it when i rub her beard with it and her back. It's like a gentle massage.

My vet recommended using a toothbrush to put betadine on her scales when she was getting betadine/water baths.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they can get a bit messy like that. I add some Dr Bronner's Baby Mild soap to the bath when I need a bit more cleaning power than warm water. It's gentile and unscented so it's a good option. That along with a light scrub from a toothbrush as mentioned should do the trick and make a shiny new dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom