Leaves from trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any leaves from trees that are safe for dragons? I have 2 baby dragons. They are both about 7 weeks old. I have maple, grapevine, and a few others growing in my yard. I could also get apple from my sister. Just looking for variety but want to make sure they're safe. My little ones aren't waring greens very well yet so still experimenting.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Grapevine leaves would be safe, so are mulberry. Mulberry is very nutritious actually. I don't know about the others you mentioned .

Mybabybeardies

Original Poster
Ok thank you. I wish we still had a mulberry tree. I think we have an Ash tree too. Would they be ok? Of course I'd verify for suse that's what it is of course if it is safe.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rule of thumbs
1) if the leaves are edible by humans , they should be safe for a beardie to have in it's enclosure.
2) if it's a plant found in the natural range of the bearded dragons , it will be safe to use it's leaf-litter (unfortunately most here on this board do not have access to the natural beardie territory as their natural range is in Australia).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom