Trust issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernanda

I have a 3 month old beardie. It's been two days since I noticed stress marks. When I try to take him out of his tank, he refuses. I recently watched a video on how to tame your dragon. It helped a lot I tried the techniques today and the farthest I got was up close touching his beard. He let me do it until I tried his feet. I hand fed him too. I give him crickets, fruits and calcium. Today I tried superworms for the first time and he loved it. Yesterday I read an article that beardies like music. So I searched up "desert sounds" and placed it above his cave. For a minute he was trying to figure out where it was coming from, once he found out he climb up his cave and laid there for an hour or so. Today I did the same thing again after trying to tame him and he did the same thing, climb up his cave and lay there.

I don't know what else I should do. It worries me. Also today when I got home from work I looked into his tank and when i went up close to say hi, hissed at me.

Does anyone have any tips?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Babies should no be fed superworms until they are 16 inches. Have you tried doing a beardie burrito? Wrap in a blanket when he starts getting ready to settle down for the night. Its worked for me :D

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like you are doing the right things with the petting and hand feeding.

You could see if he'll step onto your hand and let you take him out. Otherwise just be patient and continue with what you've been doing. They will get less shy/defensive as they get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom