Is this a fungus? (Pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta94

I just noticed these spots on my beardie's chin. I thought it was dirt or something but it didn't come off in the tub. What does it look like?

gWCnGEd.jpg

delta94

Original Poster
MsCarter":32tzgs6o said:
To me it looks like part of your beardies coloring. Is he an orange dragon?

lol I'm not referring to the orange. Those are his happy colors :) lol I'm talking about the gray spots right on his chin, near his mouth.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
? I'm am sorry, all I could see was his beautiful orange scales, now that you've pointed me in the right direction I see what you are talking about. I'm honestly not sure what that is? It doesn't look like fungus to me. Hopefully someone else will chime In and be more insightful

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No. those spots are just harmless discolored scales , like blemishes or areas that were damaged from slight trauma.

delta94

Original Poster
AHBD":1u540rtq said:
No. those spots are just harmless discolored scales , like blemishes or areas that were damaged from slight trauma.

He was digging around and burrowing in his cave the day before yesterday, I wonder if he scraped his chin on the edge or something.

delta94

Original Poster
MsCarter":3rx02uj7 said:
? I'm am sorry, all I could see was his beautiful orange scales, now that you've pointed me in the right direction I see what you are talking about. I'm honestly not sure what that is? It doesn't look like fungus to me. Hopefully someone else will chime In and be more insightful

Haha. I love his orange coloring, it's so bright when he's happy!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, mine has a couple dark spots like that.

If the black was on malformed scales or scales that were falling off it would be a problem. This looks normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom