Underdeveloped hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Hi All,
I had a couple more babies hatch today but this one is underdeveloped with nubs for back legs and a shorter left front leg. Any advice?

14517423_10210841212854169_1341578850707818399_n.jpg

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He'll have to be housed alone if you want to raise him. Put only 1-2 very low pieces of cage furniture that aren't raised off the ground., like a small almost flat rock or piece of wood. Drip water on his snout for a drink [ he may not drink the first day or two ] and offer very tiny , slow moving prey items. What do you feed your babies ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh poor thing! I agree, you will need to make his basking areas lower so he doesn't have to climb right now. That will give him more confidence in getting around.
Small worms like phoenix worms or tiny silkworms would be easy for him to catch & eat.
I hope he makes it for you! Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

KatieDyd1

Oh my gosh. That is the most adorable beardies I have ever seen! Oh man... you better cuddle that little guy so freakin hard. Call him Bob!

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right now we are calling him Mr. Stubbs but Lt. Dan came in for a close second :)

KatieDyd1":2c3g2kcs said:
Oh my gosh. That is the most adorable beardies I have ever seen! Oh man... you better cuddle that little guy so freakin hard. Call him Bob!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Babies are always sooooo cute, who can resist ? :) Mr. Stubbs is a good name unless it's actually Mrs. Stubbs. :) I see that both parents are trans. [ transluscent ] They tend to have problems and produce babies with deformities when trans. is bred to trans. It's better now but was more of a problem in the past. Just wanted you to know in case you'd never read that so you can think about whether you want to breed more.

KatieDyd1

GoBigGuy":2b4tgf1i said:
Right now we are calling him Mr. Stubbs but Lt. Dan came in for a close second :)

KatieDyd1":2b4tgf1i said:

Lol Lt. Dan! Is that you?! I like the name Mr. Stubbs also.

GoBigGuy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right now feeding them 1/6" crickets and roaches

AHBD":1w85thf3 said:
He'll have to be housed alone if you want to raise him. Put only 1-2 very low pieces of cage furniture that aren't raised off the ground., like a small almost flat rock or piece of wood. Drip water on his snout for a drink [ he may not drink the first day or two ] and offer very tiny , slow moving prey items. What do you feed your babies ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good....just cripple the crickets by shaking them up in a jar with a tiny pinch of calcium. Then drop them right near him while they're dazed + slow moving. Do this with just 2-3 at first so he doesn't get overwhelmed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he/she doing today? I really hope he makes it. He will likely be such a sweetie pie so you can spoil him! :D
Keep us posted on him & his progress.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom