HELPHELPHELPHELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thank you. We stil miss her terribly. I came here to try to help you and you end up consoling me, I'm sorry.

It is terrible losing a beloved pet and even harder when it happens so fast & without warning. It is great that you are going to have one of her babies to raise. :love5: That is special and a real gift. We will be here to help in any way we can.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had done, and continue to do a fair amount of research on these fellas before getting Clementine because I was planning on getting a baby, but ended up with a beautiful adult haha. The only thing which will be a little hard will be feeding the little guy so much but i think i can do a good rotation of loaded crickets one week, and black soldier fly larvae the next week that way there is some variation and good calcium intake. Thank you all for the help and for the good vibes. I love this community and these lil beardies so much!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is absolutely awful losing Clementine so suddenly! :cry: I am so sorry, it is a horrible empty feeling no matter how long or short of time you have them. I hope your new baby will do well.

Tracie

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys, quick question. I just got my 10.0 T5 HO today and i have it mounted above the screen top. Its not like the really think exoterra screen with the small holes, its the zilla fresh air top with like the 1-2mm holes on top. I have it mounted right in the middle of the top with the basking spot a little bit to the right of it. The top of the basking spot is about 11" away from the actual bulb. I have it with the reptisun reflector fixture. Will my baby beardie not be getting enough uvb? Should I try to get it a little closer to the basking spot? Or is 11" through the mesh okay since its a strong bulb? I have it paired with a 90w halogen flood light. The temps are about 112 on the basking side, 87 in the middle, and aboug 77 alll the way to the cool side. Nights the coldest we ever have the air set is about 73 but usually closer to 75. Would those temps be okay for a month old beardie? Also i plan on feeding him 500 small to medium phoenix worms, then once those are gone go to 500 crickets. and i will keep alternating back and forth doing two feedings daily. Once at 9:30 am and once at 7:30-8pm His lights will come on at 8am and go off at 9:30 pm. I'm going to give him little short soaks every two or three days to help the little guy learn to poop in there and not as much in his cage. Also daily salads will consist of collard, mustard, and turnip greens with bell peppers and squash. I'll add little fruits and stuff whenever i can. I hope this is a decent plan for the little fella to grow up well

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds good. A T5 should be producing plenty of UVB at that distance even through mesh. I would set it right over the basking area so you have the most intense UVB in the basking site and a gradient down to very little/shade UVB levels on the cool side.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2mfkgyrg said:
That sounds good. A T5 should be producing plenty of UVB at that distance even through mesh. I would set it right over the basking area so you have the most intense UVB in the basking site and a gradient down to very little/shade UVB levels on the cool side.
It's hard to get it right over the basking spot because then it blocks the light from the basking bulb, but I have it very close to being directly over it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom