My baby Beardie may have a possible broke:hurt wrist. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staylor

Hi so I have about a 2/3 month old and about a 1/2 month old in a 40 gallon tank and I noticed the another day that they youngest one was limping and when I took her out I saw that her wrist was hurt. I think that possible the other Beardie bite her wrist. There is kind of a darkish looking circle on her wrist that carries over to the other side, kinda like a bruise. Her paw stays limb and she doesn't use her wrist to lift it or anything and when I go to look at it and carefully try to move her hand she has no reaction. Does anyone possible know what's wrong? She still moves that leg and walks on it but she tries to keep pressure off that paw. I have now separated the two babies. If anyone could please give me some insight that would be much appreciated!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, good that you separated them....it's a bite as you suspect. As long as it doesn't get infected it will probably heal on it's own. If the skin is broke + looks reddish you can get some raw, unpasteurized honey [ a natural antimicrobial ] on it. But these things can usually heal on their own after a couple of weeks. If it starts to look very swollen get it to an experienced reptile vet . He'll probably be O.K though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom