Possible fungus??Or something? Puke/runny stool too??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lough040

Hi!

My bearded dragon Marley had a fungal infection a few years back - I remember I gave her some baths in water/betadine and applied anti fungal cream and it healed up with time. It was sometimes so slightly discolored but nothing too noticeable.

The other day I noticed it looked like it was coming back to being a more noticeable discoloration. I got some off brand betadine and off brand monistat and gave her a soak in betadine water and changed out her cage to have just paper towels . I took her out of the betadine water and she started urping a little, and threw up a bunch of clear liquid - not sure what that was all about?? Then she pooped, it was mostly brownish water with a solid urate. I cleaned her up and replaced paper towels again and applied the monistat. This happened Tuesday evening. I waited a few hours before offering some superworms, she ate about 4 (usually her appetite is much stronger) . Yesterday I didn't soak, I just dabbed with watered down betadine and applied monistat, and she ate about 6 or 7 superworms (she usually eats ten and wants more, one evening a few days ago there was a miscommunication and she ate about 25 :? ) . I'm wondering if anyone thinks I should be concerned about the vomit and diarrhea - or if maybe she might have injested some betadine water, or something to do with that ?
I am also putting up some pictures of the fungus thing - maybe someone has some ideas about what to do about this?
Thanks!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that looks like a patch of skin shed.....beardies will get even small areas like that out of the blue, it's pretty common.

And it's very possible that she drank the betadine water, were you with her the entire time she was soaking ? That was probably it. She may have had a bit of tummy upset afterwards too or it may have been a combination of eatig too many superworms. Even 10 a day is a bit too much, she's looking just a tad chunky. As adults their need for insects is waaaaay less, and it might be good to switch to other bugs [ for a variety ] like dubia, crickets, silk + hornworms. But I think she'll be fine. :)

lough040

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick response :) She's almost 9 years old so every time she has a little problem I tend to react maybe a bit too quickly :study: It is possible she had some water, she was in a little tub soaking near me while I cleaned up her cage but i wasn't watching her extremely carefully so that is likely what happened.

She is pretty chubby!!! I was wondering about the amount of bugs/food for her - I give her greens too, but she's really weird about them and rarely eats them unless they are all dried out? Is that normal? lol.

As far as bugs, I actually just got a starter colony of dubias, and she had two on Saturday for the first time. I'm wondering how many dubia to feed a day? Or how many superworms? She usually doesnt want to stop eating so I worry that she's still hungry.

If that is a patch of skin shed is there anything I should do for it, or anything I should be on the look out for as far as turning into an infection or fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom