Brumating? Im not convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Just keep an eye on him as there's nothing really wrong with them using their hide. It took mine months to figure out she had one and use it.

Phurba390

Get a fecal and blood test done. Now. I've had beardies do this when they are sick and by the time they're showing symptoms it can be too late. Don't mean to make you panic but you have to rule out infections. Like others have said he is too young to be brumating, so he could very well be sick.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This boy is getting me at it.
Hes up an running today.
Gobbling up locusts.
Im guessing he just discovered his cave ?

He sure is a lazy 1 though x

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
As youve all guessed by now im a neurotic dragon mother and i have this on going problem with Fuzzy. He has been in his cave now for 2 days. I did physically remove him yesterday an he did eat some calci worms but went straight back into the cave.

Today i havent bothered to get him out. I thought id let him be.

When i peep into the cave he has his eyes closed. He appears to be sleeping. If i move a few things he will sleepily open his eyes but then closes them again.

My question is should i disturb him an get him out to check on him or just let him be?

Is it possible it could just be the time of year where hes slowing down an sleeping more?

If thats the case roll on the spring. Im a nervous wreck!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Let him sleep.

If he ate and hasn't pooped yet then you'll need to see if you can stimulate that before he conks out for a while.

This sounds like what my girl did before sleeping non stop. She's still sleeping and I miss her. I tale her out and make sure she c hasn't lost v weight and is hydrated. Cooper advised every 10-12 days is good for me to do that.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Popped into a reptile shop yesterday an was told i could trick Fuzzy out of brumation by upping the heat an leaving the lights on longer.

Does that usually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom