Potty issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So I move Mordecai into his new larger enclosure and ever since he has been pooing every day (was once a week) and he is going in his enclosure where before he would hold it till we put him in his potty spot. Why would this behavior change so much? He has been in the new enclosure for a month or so. It Is also in a the living room know and not the den. I am trying to get him back on a routine by putting him in his potty box every morning around 8am but he doesn't go. He waits till no one is home to take him out. Help!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I'm not really sure how you can get him to go in an exact location if he doesn't want to. I will say as long as his poop is healthy it's great that he is going every day, sometimes their routines change. Was his old enclosures temps maybe too hot or cold? Sounds like he's digesting things a bit faster now. Slight changes in temps can really impact this believe it or not. My girl would go twice a day until we lowered her baby temps to be more juvenile friendly, now she goes once every other day. Something worth inspecting maybe?

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I check is temps all the time with IT GUN and they are 95-105 in basking area and 78-85 cool side. I am very happy he goes everyday and his poo looks good. I am just over cleaning everything every day. I'll keep trying and be happy I have a healthy dragon.
86288-9865480288.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Mine likes to poo on grass, i'm going to put a little poo patch in so I can clean it regularly. Otherwise I scoop it off the newspaper.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
He's absolutely beautiful. Sorry I can not be more helpful I've never been able to train my girl to go anywhere lol. Tried to teach her to go on a paper towel but failed miserably.
As suggested, maybe you can place something in his enclosure in the spot he seems to go the most. Maybe fake grass, newspaper (or whatever you believe may work best for your dragon). If he's insistent on going in his enclosure maybe you two can atleast compromise lol. Good luck to you, hopefully you can find something that works well for you both :)

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
MsCarter":12pvoppx said:
I'm not really sure how you can get him to go in an exact location if he doesn't want to. I will say as long as his poop is healthy it's great that he is going every day, sometimes their routines change. Was his old enclosures temps maybe too hot or cold? Sounds like he's digesting things a bit faster now. Slight changes in temps can really impact this believe it or not. My girl would go twice a day until we lowered her baby temps to be more juvenile friendly, now she goes once every other day. Something worth inspecting maybe?

God thyre complex creatures lol

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Karenxx67":kxumnke5 said:
MsCarter":kxumnke5 said:

God thyre complex creatures lol

So complex. My dragon has trained me much more than I could ever train her?

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Urrgg... there has to be something else I can do or something I'm doing wrong. I take him out every morning to give him time in his potty box and run around. He usually won't do either and the a few hrs later he goes in his tank! What is his deal? Is he mad because I moved him? Should I turn his lights on sooner so he can warm up longer? Also can the cold affect them?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
He might not be warm enough in the morning for his digestive system to catch up. Can you take him out more in the afternoon?

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wish I could I leave for work around 8:30 9 and don't get home till 6. Ill keep trying in the morning. My son gets home at 3 but by then he has already mad his mess. Should I still have him get Mordecai out and put him in his potty box. Maybe he will get the routine and hold it till then.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I could be that his other viv was smaller and didn't want to go poo in it because of mobility restraints, now that he is in a larger home he finds that there is room now. They can really test you at times, he has you trained well. He has you working double time to clean his NEW HOME, "hey where's the butler", lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom