Odd Behavior - Please Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivydance

Hello, I'm new here...sort of. I used to find links to the site to get information to help me with a few things, but I only just made an account because I haven't found anything useful anywhere for my current question:

Why is my Toothy suddenly acting the way she is??

I recently changed out her reptile carpet, but it's the same brand I got last time. Other than that, nothing really has changed besides her location, but she's been in this area before. And her beard isn't black with stress.

What's going on:
A few days ago, she started going crazy in her habitat. Glass surfing, messing up the carpet, pulling down her hammock, running everywhere...and it lasts much of the day. She only stops to rest. Sometimes she stops for a few minutes, sometimes she stops for an hour or so. All up until bedtime. But around the time this started, she's begun to take less interest in her veggies, she won't eat as much. She's still a sucker for crickets. She has no discoloration except maybe she's lighter and darker on and off more often. Mouth looks normal. Unless it's close to bedtime, she's crazy when I take her out to hold her too (right now she's sleeping on my chest zipped up in my jacket).

I thought it may be she's getting ready for brumation because of her lack of interest in food (and because she's about a year old now), but because she's being all crazy, I don't know. My mom did research too and thinks she may be looking for somewhere to lay unfertilized eggs, but she hasn't been digging. We put an old towel in her habitat to nestle into, but the most she's done is sit on it. She's not even really drinking water, and her poops are getting less and less, just kind of little little spurts here and there. Not runny.

Any idea what could cause this sudden change?? I'm starting to get worried...

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Beardies don't like change. It might take her a while to settle in to her new location and except her new carpet, all of these things she had marked in her memory and, now its gone. Plus she is most likely going through the big change from juvenile to adult. This can be tuff on them especially after the changes that were made.
This would be my best guess as to what the problem is.

ivydance

Original Poster
Thanks for responding!
Do you think it would help if the carpet was the colour it used to be? This shade of brown is darker. Or is it a scent thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom