Worried bearded mommy :, ( Plzzzz Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilemommy

My baby Remington is about a year old or more and has not pooped in about a week and is impacted, no paralysis, how can I help her. What should I do. I have had her and my male for about 5 to 6 months now and I love them very much and it breaks my heart to see her not 100%. She also puked a lil bit in her bath this evening. Color is good. I think she might have eaten a medium sized grasshopper last week my kids like to try to help. Please help!!! :(

MsCarter

Juvie Member
The first most important two things are to keep her well hyderated by offering water atleast 3x a day and to make sure her temps are correct. For her age a basking spot of 95-105 is needed in order for her to properly digest food. Make sure she is basking throughout the day. Other than that, try not to panic too much right now. What is her current bathroom schedule? It's not uncommon for them to go a week or more with out a bowl movement sometimes, some only go one-twice a week.

Some tips to try are; daily baths. You will want to make the water a little warmer than usual (not hot as you don't want to burn her) just use your own judgement to make it a little warmer than you would for a baby. While she's in the warm water gently massage her belly to help loosen things up. You can also add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil to one of her insects or a piece of her salad this usually helps my girl almost immediately when she's impacted. Another tip is to add a little fruit to her salads, most fruits are high in fiber which will help to soften things up for her. If none of these things work after a few days than you can obtain some prune baby food and add a drop or two of olive oil and continue doing the daily warm baths.

Try these things out and if your girl is still struggling in about 2-3 days (depending on her usual routine) lets us know so that we can determine other steps

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely keep her hydrated as much as possible. You can try the baby food prunes, or sugar free applesauce & canned pumpkin mixed with either a drop or two or olive or coconut oil given daily.
The baths can help as well, allowing her to swim around a little bit for some exercise.
If you are pretty sure she is impacted, you can keep her a little warmer overnight, around 80, to help boost the system, too.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom