Bearded dragon randomly sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberhargash

Hi I recently lost my baby who was two months old. I bought four breaded dragons all the same Age give or take a week or days but the same size peaches wasn't energetic as the rest. took her to the vet they sayed she was fine she was not growing as fast as the rest,then today I took them out of the cage left them alone found peaches behind my chair, I picked her up she looked dead I flipped out and then she moved so I rushed her to the vet her eyes were flat like they were smushed like sucken eyes and blood was coming out of her mouth not that much but a little and few minutes later one eyes was only sucken sadley had to put her down bc their was no luck of her geting better .has anyone else have this issuse too .that day she was fine eating right crickets and kale and she was moving around that day like she was healthy and her cage was the right temp and nothing on the ground bc it was just vacuumed.please help can't not know what was wrong with her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear about Peaches. It sounds like another dragon bit her while they were out together. Beardies do attack each other sometimes. If not that, she must have wedged herself under something very sharp which cut her.

Amberhargash

Original Poster
Their all friendly together since they grew up together watch them basically 24/7 theirs nothing in my room that couldn't have pinched her their nothing in my room but a bed and their stand for the tank and a chair that's all cushion. Their was something internal the vet sayed since their was no actually cuts on her

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Sorry about your baby. Maybe she wax sick when you bought these dragons. Beardies get stressed easily and if she was sick being with other dragons made her condition worse. Beardies should never be housed together. They are territorial and do not like sharing a space with one let alone 3 more in one tank. If any of the others show Illness you need to separate ASAP.

Amberhargash

Original Poster
Thanks for the help.she sadley was the only one who showed any issue the other three are healthy and happy I watched them carefully to see if they fight or don't like each other ,I have a second tank just incase one actually got aggressive but I do believe I bought her her sick not the places fault they were only two weeks old and they did try looking for entergetic beardies.I had a feeling something was wrong when I got her that's why I took her to the vet and they Noticed it to they thought she had a parasite and was negative for parasites.so I thought she was just a runt of the little like cats and dogs just wondering if I ever see this again how I can prevent it from happening or what must of triggered her to go that quickly and that dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom