New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afaber

I have had my first beardie spyro for 4 days now and already the whole family loves him so much. But i have a few questions at night after i turn all the lamps off the temp goes down (never gets down past 70) the humidity goes up how do i stop that from happening? How do i know when hes ready for us to pick him up? And whats a good schedule to put a baby beardie on?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
If the temp drops lower than that I'd look at getting a Ceramic Heat Emitter for heat at night.
If you are manually turning off the lights I would recommend looking into some automatic timers. Then the little guy gets consistent lighting/heating, which is good as they like routine.

What is your setup like? Maybe you need better venting?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I would put him on a 14hr daylight schedule. Is there any water bowls or food being left in the enclosure overnight? What is the humidity at? 30-40% is ok.

Afaber

Original Poster
No we take all food and water out. During the day its 40 at night it gets about 60!! Way to hight and its not humid in the house

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I have one set outside my cage. I really don't know how effective it will be if yours is in an open area. Is the cage near a bathroom, kitchen or fish tank? You might need an electric one. I probably would not put it in the cage. If you really need to you might put it in during the night only but even then I wouldn't want to risk it getting opened since there are little absorbing beads in those.

Afaber

Original Poster
No othe animals in the house and hes in the living room. Do yiu think maybe if i leave the fan on for more air flow?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
That could help but the humidity must be the way your house is. I wouldn't put the fan too close. Is there any sand or wood that is absorbing moisture maybe? You could try this, put the dehumidifier on top of the cage at night (assuming you have a screen on top) and see if there's any change. Then I'd try the fan. Then I'd try using a CHE at night, but not too warm, maybe get it no higher than 75 in there. See if any of those work. I haven't dealt with humidity much so hopefully others will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom