Dragon a tomato leaf! Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwood

So I was sitting outside with my bearded dragon and he took a bite off of tomato leaf on some organic tomato plants outside and I read this is toxic? Can someone please help me and what should I do or will he be OK?? Rex didn't eat much and it was only one bite

eastwood

Original Poster
AHBD":k5c91n38 said:
He'll be fine, especially if it was just a small amount.

Hey thanks for the quick response! So from searching this on Google most places say it's toxic for bearded dragons to eat tomato leaves but if you look up tomato plants themselves they say it's a myth that the leafs are not toxic. I sure hope my Rex is going to be ok!

charmander16

Juvie Member
I have basically no knowledge of reptiles specifically, but generally there are two things you do when someone consumes something toxic. You either A) get them to throw up, OR B) get them to consume a lot of water and other food to dilute the effect. In some only one of these options is good and the other is bad. Obviously you can't induce vomiting very well, so I'd look into feeding him a lot of other things that he likes, especially such with a lot of water content. But I'd research it first.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be fine, if it was just a small amount.
It is always good to have activated charcoal on hand in case of ingestion of anything toxic. Also, a quick slurrie you can put together is get some parsley & cilantro & mix it with water to help detoxify his system, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom