D3 80w bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardedbill

Hi

I got my beardie yesterday and I think it's to hot for him in the take. We have a d3 bulb and that's the only form of heat light and uv we have. His basking spot is around 115. He has only eaten hoppers won't touch his veg.

Should I have more than just the d3 bulb?

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
What is the temp in his cool area? How old is he?

Is it the Arcadia 100w D3 uv lamp?

Temps in a viv should be around 90-100 hot, 80-85 cold and provide a range between those temps for the dragon to be able to regulate his temps. If it's a baby then the basking spot should be 100-110.

Do you have a dimmer switch? or is there a way you can provide more venting in the tank?

To upload pics go to https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ then on your post press XIMG to select a pic.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you're using an 80 watt Arcadia mercury vapor bulb, is that correct? What size tank do you have? Also, what type of thermometer are you using to check the temps?

If it is indeed a mercury vapor bulb, using a dimmer is NOT an option because it can damage the filaments in the bulb.

Mercury vapor bulbs also have to be a certain distance away so please let us know the specifics of how you have it set up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The size of the tank makes a difference. The 80w isn't all that powerful so it can't send adequate UVB across much distance. In most cases the higher wattage version is a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom