Can't stop the bleeding on my Leopard gecko's foot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelFox

Hi,
I know this is a bearded dragon site and I have one of those too but my poor leo is bleeding from her foot where the toes fell off from a bad shed. I went to feed her tonight and noticed the problem right away. I've been trying for an hour to stop it from bleeding by putting pressure on it and it stops for a short time then starts again. I can't take her to the animal er because I don't have a car right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

SteelFox

Original Poster
Ok whew I got it to stop bleeding finally. She has trouble shedding everytime even though I have a moss hide in there for her. It's super hard for me to hold her still long enough to pull the toe shed off though. I didn't catch it fast enough this time though and sadly she lost 2 toes. I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and if it looks infected I'll take her to the vet. Any suggestions are appreciated in the mean time. Thanks

SteelFox

Original Poster
Yep I did that too but even after that the shed is real stubborn coming off her toes. It looks like she is gonna lose at least 3 toes on that foot. Poor thing. She has always had trouble with the shed around her back feet but never this bad. My son and I take turns feeding her and our bearded dragon and I'm hoping that it wasn't like that during his turn because I want him to be a responsible pet owner. I did tell him to pay attention to these things from now on and to notify me if there is a problem like this again. Either way, I'm going to check in on her every day from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom