HELPHELPHELPHELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I got her Saturday afternoon and I guess she passed sometime last night :/ I'll start disinfecting stuff this weekend and hopefully my next beardie is more successful. It sucks how quickly you get attached to these guys.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I've seen the gaping/jolting awake thing in my previous beardie, she had MBD and was really dehydrated. I watched her all night long and that's what she did. She was treated for URI but I don't think she had that (cause of the gaping). I think it was the MBD making her do that. So sorry to hear of your little one :(

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you for the sentiments guys. It's not super rough because I only had her for about 4 days, but it still sucks. Poor baby was only about a year old :-( Wish I could have raised her. Man this suucks.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I had my first Scaley for 3 months and nursed her through daily prolapsing, antibiotics, and hand feeding until eventually I had to take her in to be euthanized. She was suffering from a tumor that was growing exponentially in her stomach and she wasn't eating. She was slowly starving to death.

I got quite attached to her and it was traumatic. I don't know how I would have felt after 4 days, but it would not have been as heart wrenching as seeing her slowly starving to death.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Gyro":1o88l3zk said:
thank you for the sentiments guys. It's not super rough because I only had her for about 4 days, but it still sucks. Poor baby was only about a year old :-( Wish I could have raised her. Man this suucks.
I am so sorry for your loss Gyro, she was a beautiful girl for sure.
Just don't do the should'a, would'a, could'a thing ,to yourself,you did nothing wrong. I think something was wrong with her before you got her.
Just don't give up.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, according to the breeder she had been fine up to now. He had raised her from an egg and says that she never showed any signs of illness. He sent me pictures of her vet visit two weeks before selling her to me to show she was healthy with a clear fecal. He is letting me have one of his recent leatherback hatchlings which is about 7 weeks old. Hopefully this little guy makes it. Im going to disinfect everything this weekend with a 10% bleach solution, rinsing well, then letting it all dry out in the sun for a couple days. We just buried Clementine because she was starting to get stiff. Poor girl.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have fireflys (lightening bugs) in your area? There are actually quite a few toxic bees/insects. Please take a look at this. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=226096

I'm SO sorry for your loss, I know how much it hurts. :(

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":1632ud03 said:
Do you have fireflys (lightening bugs) in your area? There are actually quite a few toxic bees/insects. Please take a look at this. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=226096

I'm SO sorry for your loss, I know how much it hurts. :(

I can't think of any time that she would have been able to eat any of those. Maybe a spider from her log but I cleaned that well with a bleach solution and baked it for almost 3 hours so I wouldn't think so. Thank you for your sentiment, it's appreciatedd :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, just thought I would mention it. Our girl Angie got stung by a wasp and had a toxic reaction, passed away. She had been completely fine 4 hrs prior to when she was sitting up and had her mouth open. We found the red mark on her back leg and the wasp in the same room where she was the next day.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
SpacialCoogs":1kk2o8jo said:
That's awful diamc, how devastating an accident like that could be.

Thank you. She was a very beautiful and healthy girl. Only 4 yrs old. Here's a picture of our precious girl.
4097-8605009648.jpg

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aw she's beautiful! I'm so sorry of her passing. I'v had a dog pass away which we raised since he was 2 months old and he passed at 9 years. It was heart wrenching. I wish i would have been able to spend more time with Clementine before she passed :( Hopefully I do a good job of raising the little baby he is giving me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom