greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Fima stopped eating fruits/veggies about 6 month ago. i offer daily but he never eats! i tried blending and force feeding but thats not really a solution. how do i make him eat again?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you still syringe feeding him? Is he eating bugs on his own at least? How is his weight lately?

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
I haven't syringe fed him in a few weeks. He eats supers every other day - but I offer daily since he won't eat anything else, and if I dip them in calcium or multi then he stops eating and turns away! If I don't dip them, he will eat up to 5 medium. All other bugs he stopped eating all together. I tried not giving him supers thinking he will et hungry and eat greens, but then he just doesn't eat at all. His weight is abut 410g and he is about 18 months. He's not very active, rarely he runs around, and when in his tank he sits in the same spot most of the time. We have been to the vet and nothing wrong with him. I just want him to eat greens and the little bugger refuses

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK so his weight is up a little bit in the last month or two which is good. Since he's 18mo he can go quite a while without food if he wants to. He should be eating primarily greens as you're trying to do and he's probably spoiled by the fatty yummy supers. I would closely monitor his weight and just keep trying a variety of salad items every day. Try hand feeding and try moving the veges around to see if that gets his attention. If he's just being stubborn then he will dig in eventually but it may take a while.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
Been 6 months :( but today I bought dubia and he got excited about it, ate about 10 and turned away

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
10 is actually really good for an 18 month old. How big were they? He is probably full after that. My guy gets about 5-6 of them (large/adult) every 3-4 days or so.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's ideal but it can be quite a process to transition them over. Just make a nice big salad available every day and cut the bugs down for a bit and see how he does.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
How will I know when he is planning on Brumating? Since I have to move him in the morning to the light (about six months ago he stopped going into the light on his own), how will I know he wants to sleep? If I don't take him out he just sits in his hide with open eyes. Yesterday I took him out and around 12pm he started to fall asleep on me so I don't know if he's getting ready to brumate or not

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
6 months of not wanting to go to the basking spot seems kind of weird to me.

What are the temperatures and uvb lighting you have set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom