Feeding Phoenix worms as staple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havel

Hello,

I've made Phoenix worms my staple feed for my bearded dragon Havel because it is high in calcium and i would like him to be healthy, large, and strong. I did some reading though and found that beardies need help with metabolizing the calcium by receiving Vitamin D3. The problem is, i can only find D3 is dust that also has calcium. With how high the calcium levels already are in phoenix worms, i fear i might overload Havel with too much of it.
Any tips? He's only about 2 months old, so he has plenty of time to grow. I just don't want to stunt his growth, or cause a deficiency in vitamins.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
You can always incorporate other feeders such as Dubias to feed every other day and dust with the calci and d3. You can dust a few of the calci worms every other day as well. I would only do a few in order to not over load him. D3 can be harmful in high amounts as well so you really don't want a high concentration of it, a good calcium powder with D3 added will provide you wil a safe amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom