Another Male or Female question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amavi

We have been calling Spyro a he for over a year but we now have a feeling that he maybe a she! Last time we had him checked at the vets around 9 months ago it was still a little early to tell. I've shon a light through be base of his tail and can't see any marks. What we thinking?

image_zpseao2n5zn.jpeg

image_zpsvqzdip5e.jpeg

And here he/she is!

image_zps1z6abrbe.jpeg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yup, has small femoral glands on the leg in the first pic and the second one confirms it. He's a spyroette!!!

Amavi

Original Poster
Oh brilliant! Poor dragon has been called he for so long, how on earth are we going to get out of this habit! Haha thanks for confirming my suspicions though we will still call her Spyro!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I'd take out the sand in spyros enclosure and replace with some tile or liner. And you will need to get familiar with what a laybox is and the signs of oncoming egg production. She'll start going crazy dancing on the glass and wanting to dig. It can be somewhat worrying if you don't know what's going on the first time.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Amavi":3jqyb9wh said:
Oh brilliant! Poor dragon has been called he for so long, how on earth are we going to get out of this habit! Haha thanks for confirming my suspicions though we will still call her Spyro!

SHe want be worried , we thought our Rex was a boy until Puff told us otherwise when he was about 12 months old.

I agree with the other poster , sand is a very bad substrate to use , especially calci-sand (that stuff is lethal and last week someone on this board lost their little hatchling due to the calci-sand it had been ingesting setting in it's intestines and bowels causing a lethal case of impaction).
You are better off with either loose laid ceramic tiles (no glue , no grout) and or kitchen grade paper towelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom