Territorial pooping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do beardies use poop to mark their territory?
For a while, my 1yo dragon has been only pooping every few days, and they're always massive poops. But the past few days, when he decides to flop from the to the floor, he'll run around a bit, then poop. A tiny little poop.
He did this yesterday and today, in relatively the same spot.
I was just wondering if its territorial behaviour at all?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
This is actually very common and not what I would call territorial. They can be very particular about where they use the bathroom as many do not like it in their enclosure. Who can blame them lol. He's most likely running around in an attempt to find a way out of his Viv to poop, my female does the exact same thing. When he can't hold it any longer he's picking the spot he feels is best. Some will only use the bathroom in the bath tub, others have a designated spot in their vivs that may change from time to time when they feel it's necessary, others will go any where with no shame haha. so yeah he's just being particular.

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
This is out in out living room where he does this. He really hates pooping in his tank (doesn't help that it's too small for him. Sorry baby, Oklahoma has your new tank!). But he'll happily poop any where else. Apparently, the living room carpet is just a good spot for regular poops.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Yup sounds like he just doesn't want it in his home. He's like it's fine if it's in your home, but not mine! Haha

CMJHBFantasy

Original Poster
MsCarter":2spetbe9 said:
Yup sounds like he just doesn't want it in his home. He's like it's fine if it's in your home, but not mine! Haha
Which is understandable. I wouldn't want to poop on my floor. XD kinda nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom