Water bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaska798

Do BD drink from water bowls and should I have one in the cage? Or what's the best way to get them to drink water?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Some will, most won't. I generally try a water dish with a new dragon, if they use then it stays but if they never use it, out it comes. I

Most people bath their dragon so they have access to drinking water. Fill a tub or container with enough warm water that its roughly armpit deep on dragon, add dragon. Some hate this but keep trying, most eventually get used to it and calm down enough to relax and soak, having a nice drink while at it.
My dragon wants nothing to do with water, she won't drink from anything. I mist her greens and make sure her feeder insects are feed good so they have some juice in them.

If they will eat it, watermelon or other juicy fruits are a good treat once in a while to give some some extra water.
I've even added a few bits of iceberg lettuce to my girls salad, I consider it water in solid form and isn't used for actual food since its low in nutritional value.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Water bowls also raise humidity, so if you already have high humidity they may not be a good option

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Water bowls with standing water in them are unlikely to be drunk from by a beardie, he's more likely to sit in it to cool off or go the bathroom in it (they are smart and soon suss that a poo under water don't stink as much).

He should get all the hydration he needs from his live insects and greens and veg.

I usually give water by depositing drops of water on my beardie's snouts between the eyes, it drains by capillary action to the lips and a thirsty beardie beardie will drink the drops of water.

My skinks have water bowls and love to drink from them, my beardies do not have water bowls.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
ive tried various methods of giving water, however none took. every now and again Fred will lap some up when i spray a bit on his mouth but besides that he doesnt drink any. so its up to the foods he eats to get him his moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom