Beadrie Brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwalady

84462-5981241297.jpg
Ok so I have had Murphy for over 2 years. I bathe him 1 a week.....etc. He has been cause of my stress for probably 2 years. I never thought I would get attached to a reptile But I did....Soooo anyway...If anyone has seen my posts its mostly all the time ...Making sure he is eating right enough etc.

Now we are going on 2-3 months of Brumating....or whatever he is dong or else he is lazy...he only is poooping like once every 2 weeks he hasnt ate hardly at all. Ive checked the lighting added a new UV light he has a basking light....
his temperature is 80-85 in cool side his basking is 100-105
He is driving me crazy. Im adding pictures...because of course I have to get him moving to bath him so he doesnt get dehydrated. Ill add pics
84462-8008280010.jpg

bwalady

Original Poster
Anyone have any ideas?.....HE is still Brumating....Not eating...Not losing weight...but we are at like 3 months.....Sooo no eating means no calcium I take him out side in the sun 2-3 times a week and bathe him at least 1x a week...and when I bath him he moves around a bit lays under his basking light and then 24 hrs is back under his rock....Ive changed lights I have temperatures checked...Ugggghhhhh =( I think he is the laziest bearded dragon ever. I have had him for about 2 years and he has stressed me that long becuase I dont know if his stuff is right.....But I love him he is my buddy.....little lazy thing.....

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it can be very stressful to the owner since it seems like they're sick. I have never had a dragon get sick from brumating.....I just let them sleep and check to see it they really are asleep or just laying around with eyes half open. Only if their eyes are open do I offer water more regularly, by dripping it on their snout without disturbing them. Any excess water is mopped up. You can try that once every 2 weeks and tuck a paper towel under their chin to absorb water. If they're sleeping, I let them be. It's a natural thing. Mine almost always sleep during the cooler months, in my basement at 62-65 degrees. That's what they would experience in the wild. Mine never have food or calcium during a real sleep. If they wake up + move around, I turn lights back on + offer food. Then I leave the lights on after that, during their sleep they are hiding + need no lights. Your guy should be fine ....there are sometimes cases where they actually ARE sick, but you should see signs, like losing weight and/or black beard.

bwalady

Original Poster
Sooo Murphy is still brumating or whtever it is...Im going to take him to the veterinarian once I get some money or find one BUT how long is too long or brumating? :( ....He did this last year and came out of it like the end of this month. But he hasnt ate or whatever in like at least 2 months. He has been lazy for oh at least 4 months I get him out to bath him at least 1 2 x a week and he does the same thing. baths lays under his basking light for like a day...( Iturn it off at night) then the next day right back to his rock.... :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like he's still in very good condition so there shouldn't be any real problem. :) Some dragons do sleep solid for 3 months or so, or they may sleep off + on for a similar length of time like Murphy. It may be that Murphy isn't becoming active because his sleep keeps getting interrupted 2-3X a week for the bath. The most you should actually offer water is about every 10-14 days.

For my dragons, some of which sleep solid for the 3 months, I don't let them sleep beyond that length of time. I turn the temps. back up [ mine sleep mostly without lights in the cellar ] and take out any major hiding area when I want them to wake up. So you might take out the hide and just put it back at night for sleeping. Any place for hiding should be taken out at least until late afternoon.

bwalady

Original Poster
ok Thank you ....Ill be doing that today =) My main concern is not that he has lost weight or anything is no calcium for this long. He is just a lazy little bugger I swear

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Hmmmm i feel your pain. Youve probably seen my posts too. Like a couple every day lol.

They do worry you half to death! X

bwalady

Original Poster
We are still working thru it. Im taking pictures daily. He just seems Lazy but still too lazy to eat...When I move him and give him water he drinks some and he seems alert...But we are going on 4 months No food..maybe 4-6 poops and that is about it. I take him out in the sun some..but I think well Ill just not bug him..but if I do that Ill never see him....Brat

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Its a long time isnt it. Im thinking Fuzzy may not be up until Feb time.
Although hes not truely sleeping he does peep out of his little eye from time to time.

Im worried about him not pooping after the last few crickets he ate last Saturday and if hes not under the light hes not goin to digest them is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom