Just about to shed or is it a skin problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I noticed a couple of days ago that rangos hands and underneath is belly(not all his belly just the top half) are a funny colour. It's sort of a creamy colour. He's only shed once whilst I've had him and last time it went grey that's why I'm not sure if there's an issue going on here. I've only got one photo at the moment which is a bit useless but I'll still post it
88176-1079353765.jpg
Thanks guys

Hi Shaz. It just looks like he's ready to shed really. What substrate have you got him on? Looks fine to me though, I assume he's putting weight on that leg and is walking ok? :)

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Sounds like a shed coming on. They can turn a "creamy", pale, ashy, or grey color before hand. I'd say your little one is just growing :) you can Increase his baths to help him with the process

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Hi is it normal for them to shed on random patches? He seems to be shedding on the side of his stomach, his hands, the top of his arms and a little bit under the belly, is this usual?
88176-3442641632.jpg
here's a photo of one of his sides

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Aw good it was just with it being so patchy its not like it was the full part of his body or anything just had me a bit worried but thank you

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It has taken Peaches 2 months to shed all but along her jaw on both sides and her beard. She has been cranky lol.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Poor baby :( I can imagine that it's a very uncomfortable experience. If it hasn't already been suggested you can give her more frequent baths (even daily if you wish) to give her a little relief and help the process out a little.

shazbaz123

Original Poster
Poor peaches ? I've noticed that rangos gone really lethargic since he's begun to shed, it's quite worrying but then he perks up a bit, heard it's quite normal though

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Absolutely. Many become irritated and/or lethargic during this time. Some hate shedding certain areas more than other areas as well. For example when my girl is shedding her belly she is moody and much less active. Try not to worry (I know that's hard to do!) once the shed is over I'm sure things will go back to normal

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
shazbaz123":u0eh8frx said:
Poor peaches ? I've noticed that rangos gone really lethargic since he's begun to shed, it's quite worrying but then he perks up a bit, heard it's quite normal though
Ya, I know not to pull the skin off of her but the other day she was running around her home trying to get the skin that exploded on her head and neck off by dragging it on everything in her path. It was super loose and driving her nuts so I went and got her some small tree branches (mulberry) and bundled them up and put them in with her but it didn't wok. Now by this time she was probably thinking something was crawling on her head and neck and went into DEFCON 4. So me being the nice slave that I am, reached in to see if I could pop it off, no luck. But when I touched it, she turned to one side. That's when the lightbulb over my head showed up. I delicately reached in and got it between my fingers and she turned again and I let go thinking it might hurt her and she gave me this pitiful look so I did it again and didn't move, she did and took all of it off of her neck. So I repeated the procedure with the top of her head and she did it again. She immediately settled down and went back to her normal loving, needy and demanding self, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom