How many black fly larvae and horn worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to order some black fly larvae and some horn worms first my 7 week old baby dragons. I can get very tiny horn worms so thought they'd be a good addition since the are active and will hopefully interest my babies. (If you see my other post I fear they might not be eating enough dubias because they aren't very active so my dragons don't pay attention to them.) I'm also ordering some black fly larvae hoping to interest them in them. What size bfl should I order? Also how many horn worms and how many bfl? I don't want to order more often than needed because I have to pay shipping but I don't want them to go to waste. I can get the horn worms in 25 and 30 ct and the bfl in 100 and 500 ct.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
The issue with hornworms is that they grow so incredibly fast! Within a few days it is possible for them to be to large for your little guy. Refrigerating them for a day on, day off is suppose to suppress their growth so you can try that. As far as BSFL there are some great vendors on eBay and Amazon that have great prices and offer free shipping if you want to explore around a bit. I would definitely get mediums as smalls are super tiny. With the hornworms I honestly wouldn't order more than 50 unless you are confident that you can keep them from growing. The BSFL order as many as you want they are super easy to care for and last awhile. You may want to be sure your baby likes them first before getting 1000 or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom