healthy or fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstang429

i got a young beardy. Was told hes 8 months old under developed. we been feeding her regularly. roughly 10 crickets a day PLUS veggies. looked at her after feeding and was like ahh u looking pudgy. am i over feeding or is she just full.
88372-9921493567.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She doesn't look to be that old to me but her facial features say she's younger. She looks healthy in the pic but 10 crickets a day seems a bit light. Are the small or small mediums? You can feed her as many as she will eat in 10 minutes or so. Keep veggies out for her as well. This is an important phase in her life and she needs to eat good.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She isn't fat at all. Make sure to offer her more crickets as Gormagon mentioned. She needs LOTS of protein as she is growing fast. What she eats now when she is young will help her later in life. Only 10 crickets in no where near enough for her small size. Be sure to dust one feeding a day with calcium for 5 days a wk and then dust one feeding with vitamins the other 2 days a wk, that's very important. Good luck with her, she looks SO sweet.

tstang429

Original Poster
We have went two to feedings a day now after what u said. Now about 10 -15 crickets and 15 Dubai roaches a day. I just add 5 a time of either till we stops eating then leave her for about 5 extra mins with a few feeders. After that last 5 I will move her back. We have a routine we move her to a feeding cage so her own kitchen. She gets meat there. Her main living has veggies. I'll get some vitamins.
The rescue gave us her history its sad she had no uvb bulb and was not fed any calcium. They had her for a bit to improve her health till she could be adopted. They are the ones that told us her age. I'm not worried we love her and are handling as much as we can to get her to be happy with us. She comes to glass when we walk in the rooms. We have her hammock on the edge by us and she sits there all day unless she's basking.

tstang429

Original Poster
Thanks all for the help. The little one has really perked up. Have certain actions we know when he's full. Looks up toward top as in hey bring more down. We are at 25-30 twice a day. Also starting back to mustard greens and squash off to cool side all day. Combination has lead to shedding at least once a week and actually shed twice one week. She'd have been full body nice solid pieces. Wife jokes one day I think we have to bearded dragons. Confused I went in he some how managed to shed entire body in one piece. Starting to stand up on the hammock when we come in. I can let him sit on my chest while getting food together so we are becoming a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom