Are my beardies fighting or playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be chasing each other but they haven't bitten each other yet. This is the first time seing them like this. Or could it be that they like the water? Because i put a new water bowl that is a little deeper than the one they used to have and they seem to like it better.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Are they sharing an enclosure ? They may look very cute together but beardies . even as hatchlings are NOT social beings when it comes to other beardies , there will always be a dominant who will get the lion's share of the food and the best basking and sleeping spot and will grow faster, and the "pal" will loose out and fail to thrive and will be continuously under great stress and will often be bullied too.

If so - they ARE NOT PLAYING - this is dominance behaviour and can quickly escalate to biting and vicious attacks (beardies are fully capable of killing each other) --- SEPARATE THEM IMMEDIATELY and KEEP them SEPARATED .

It is very unwize to let two beardies be out together too (unless M and F and it's a brief romantic encounter).

Gail

BD.org Addict
Nope, not playing. Dragons don't play, any chasing is the beginning of aggressive behavior, it won't be long before biting starts. I would separate asap.

SDragons

Juvie Member
Have to agree with the others. Beardies don't like hanging out with each other... They aren't playing they are trying to show dominance over each other. I would separate them ever they hurt each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom