Beardy not wanting to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

This is my girl Scylla, she is 16 months old so very nearly full grown and i've had her since she was a hatchling. We got her a new tank about a month and a half ago from showcasecages. The tank is 60"L x 24"H x 24"D and she is alone in there.

When we first moved her into the tank she refused to eat, which is normal because of the stress of the move, but when that turned into a week of not eating I got worried, took her to the vet and they gave me Metacam for her (she has adenovirus and the vet thought that some swelling might be causing the issue) and so I went with that and they also gave her a fecal (no parasites found), force fed her baby food and within a couple days she would eat phoenix worms, supers, and wax worms (no longer would go for dubias or crickets, or greens). I was just happy she was eating, and that lasted for about 2 weeks.

Now she is no longer eating (for about 4--5 days now) So I started the metacam again and now am force feeding her a "critical care" solution i got from the vet that gives her a complete diet, and they told me that if it continued I would need to take her to the local veterenary college and have blood test etc...where the issue lies because I cannot afford that right now.

So I guess a summary is:
She has stopped eating twice within the last month for extended periods
Lethargic and won't wakeup/bask without me putting her there

what i have done:
Metacam incase it is being caused by her adenovirus
Daily baths
always making greens available as well as attempting daily feedings with different options
force feeding the critical care solution if she will not eat.

Any Advice?

Tank specs:
60"L x 24"H x 24"D
basking temp:105, mercury vapor bulb 5 months old
cool side temp-80-75
she also has an extra UVB light for the cool side that was just not turned on at the time I took the picture (just above her hammock)
84550-8129919283.jpg
84550-9111451418.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Hello, was the fecal done through DNA testing or just a float? DNA usually costs a lot more than just a simple float. It's possible they didn't see parasites that may indeed be there. I found this website of someone that has ADV positive beardies and what they give them to keep their immune systems the best way possible. http://www.northerndragons.info/44636584 and this is a site that has most of the items pretty cheap http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=common/home I found the grapefruit seed extract and colloidal silver at a vitamin shop. Personally I did not buy the silver, I'm a little skeptical about it after reading about it. I have the rest of the stuff though for my beardies. I don't think they have ADV but might as well keep them healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom