Beardie limping

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy, for now he'd get around better in a plastic tote with just a short basking area. Your beautiful enclosure is too big for him to get around + up close to the light without hurting himself and possibly keeping him from healing. This is a pic of a simple set up I used for all my babies....they do best in a tank that is lower while they are small. They love to climb, but the the sticks are kept low to the ground.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full

I think a simple set up like this would be good for Tiger until he's bigger.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think he should probably go to the vets also, to be sure nothing is broken.
How is Tiger doing today?
Does he like the baby food or have you tried it for him yet?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Mylittlebabytiger99

Original Poster
I didn't try the baby food cuz when I got home from work he had gone to the bathroom so that's good. He's still limping but he seems to at least be moving the arm more. He is eating fine with the roaches. I will probably move him into a tub.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great that he's eating pretty well ! :) I think if you set him up in a tub it will give his leg a chance to start healing up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear he is moving his arm a little bit more now. :D I hope it's feeling better for him.
That is wonderful he is eating his roaches, also. If he's eating enough insects then he wont need any baby food right now.
That's excellent he finally went to the bathroom, too.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Mylittlebabytiger99

Original Poster
He seems to be perked up more and a little more active. Putting more weight on his arm too. Only thing is he's taking forever to poop again. Idk why. His temps are fine and he's basking all day. Eating the same thing he always has. Roaches and nature bite cubes. I know those don't have a lot of protein but he never wants to drink water and those are mostly water so It keeps him hydrated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear he seems to be more active now. I hope his leg is feeling better.
It may take a little bit of time for his system to normalize since he was injured. Is he eating a fair amount?
You can try hydrating him a little more, using a plastic dropper or syringe, in case he is dehydrated somewhat. Are his colors good?

Tracie

Mylittlebabytiger99

Original Poster
His colors are fine. His arm is still bothering him but not as bad. He basks all day long and he seems pretty well hydrated. I've had issues with him before getting dehydrated so I know what to look out for. And he used to tolerate a dripper but he just kicks the water off his face lol its all good. He's a handful but I love him

Mylittlebabytiger99

Original Poster
His arms still bothering him quite a bit. He still won't walk on it. He eats fine and he's getting his calcium every day. Is it supposed to be taking this long to heal?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am happy to hear he is eating so well right now & basking.
I hope he starts using his arm soon. How long has it been now?
He wont take water from a dropper now? They sure can get finicky sometimes, that is for sure. As long as he continues eating & getting his calcium he should eventually heal up.

Tracie

Mylittlebabytiger99

Original Poster
Tiger will eat fine but poops once. Like every few days he'll poop. Is he having problems digesting his food? Should I try yogurt or like laxatives.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
That depends what his poop looks like. Does it look like he's straining hard to go? It doesn't hurt and is beneficial to add probiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom