Oh my daaarling, Clementine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I just picked up my first Hypo Leatherback beardie, Clementine :) She's a beautiful orange/peach color. When I first picked her up she immediately ran up my arm and onto my shoulder. Now she's hanging out in her cage, basking. She is a year and two months old. I put in some veggies, but it being a new enclosure and all, she hasn't touched them yet. Also, it kind of looks like she might be shedding, or about to shed. PS: Does she look a little bit dehydrated to you all? I noticed the wrinkles in her skin. I gave her a little soak, but she didn't drink any water, even when i dripped some on to the tip of her snout (made sure not to get any in nose) She also keeps standing up and scratching at the tank. I don't know if its her reflection, even though she was housed with her sister at the breeders, or just a new tank so she doesn't know its glass limits yet. Also the cling on desert background might be tricking her. Anyways, here she is :)
29867052186_ca362deb6e_h.jpg

29607786610_6599e8e4f3_h.jpg

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was going to wait and see if she will shed because it seems like she's about to, that way her colors are popppin. Also, I want her to get a little acclimated before I start shoving my giant camera lense in her face hah. But yes, I thought of the calendar :)

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":blcixykq said:
She is very pretty ! Not dehydrated, nearly all bearies have loose skin somewhere. :)

Thank you! And thank goodness she lools healthy haha. I hope her not eating and being lethargic and stress marked is just from the relocation to this new cage. She would just stay wherever i put her, besides for about 10 minutes when she moved around and pooped. No more movement. She's been in her hammock since about 6pm. It's almost 11:45 now, but her lights have been out for almost 3 hours so shes probably fast asleep, unless my computer is keeping her up. I hope she eats at least a little tomorrow. She didn't even attempt to take a bite of anything today. No greens, no peppers, no phoenixworms, nothing. She was responsive to sound and would scratch and wiggle when i would pick her up, but usually just scurried up my arm and to my shoulder which i thought was cute haha

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":19za1x0b said:
That's pretty normal. Give her some time to acclimate to the new surroundings and her new best friend.

I tried hand feeding her the phoenix worms a little but she didnt really want them. I think she just doesn't recognize them as food. So what I did was pull down the side of her lip just a little and kinda push one in until it touched her teeth and then she would feel it wriggle and eat it very quickly. Never once had a stress mark or anything, so I figured she's just being a lazy little girl. I kept doing this until she just didn't want anymore. She ended up eating around like 19 or 20. I would show them to her, then put them in to try to condition her to thinking "small wiggle=food". Hopefully in a couple days she'll be fine. She loves to climb up on me when I have her out on the ground, but I think i'm going to leave her in her viv for a little bit so she gets accustomed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom