Alfalfa pellets as substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta94

I currently have my beardie on shelf liner. I have a hide with a t-shirt inside and he keeps trying to burrow under the shirt. I bought him a dig box with flaxseed and he loves it, but he makes a HUGE mess. I can't think of anything large/tall enough to put in his viv that would keep the flaxseed in the box but still allow him to climb in. He kicks it up pretty high and it gets all over his viv.

What about using alfalfa pellets as the substrate in the entire viv? Does anyone do this? I don't like the idea of having loose substrate....but I feel bad because he likes to dig and burrow under things

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Are you sure 'he' isn't a 'she'? Although some beardies just really like to dig, most do it when they are about to lay eggs. You can make sure by holding him/her on a flat surface (desk, table, etc) and holding the tail at a 90º angle upwards, and then post a picture. Here is how: https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ m Then use the XIMG to attac pics to your post.

delta94

Original Poster
s4gIXvU.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
May I ask what the temps are, basking,warm and cool sides. It might be to hot and he's trying to get away from the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom