GRUB PIE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discovered Repashy Grub Pie! Want everyone's thoughts before I go ahead and buy some!

Is it truly healthy for your beardie?
How often and how much should you feed?
Does it have awesome benefits?
Could it be something we use instead of dusting and vitamin spray?

Anything you know about it, share! Thanks guys!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I just asked this same question on another forum lol. From what I was told it is fine to use. A lot of people said they put it on their beardies veggies to encourage them to eat them. Others said that their beardies wouldn't touch the stuff simply because it isn't a live insect. From what I've gathered, if you would like to try this as a treat from time to time it's absolutely fine.

BreezyBeardie

Original Poster
MsCarter":zgi8wqnn said:
I just asked this same question on another forum lol. From what I was told it is fine to use. A lot of people said they put it on their beardies veggies to encourage them to eat them. Others said that their beardies wouldn't touch the stuff simply because it isn't a live insect. From what I've gathered, if you would like to try this as a treat from time to time it's absolutely fine.

Thank you! My Rocky is pretty good with veggies. I say pretty good because he goes through stages of eating them all of the time to not eating them at all sometimes lol. I'm thinking of trying this for sure. Just as something different! Is it sold as regular pet stores because I've never even seen this brand before?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I have not seen it at any petstores but I have heard of the brand, that's the grub pie I think I'm going to try out. I'm not sure if there are different brands? I'm pretty new to it as well and wanted to try it out. It's got a lot of good stuff in it from what I've read so if your Beardie likes this it definitely shouldn't hurt. I just always look at ingredients and reviews on products im not familiar with just to be on the safe side. A friend of mine says she has seen people use it for special occasions (like holidays) to make cakes shaped like different thing for their dragons lol

BreezyBeardie

Original Poster
MsCarter":vbzil36l said:
I have not seen it at any petstores but I have heard of the brand, that's the grub pie I think I'm going to try out. I'm not sure if there are different brands? I'm pretty new to it as well and wanted to try it out. It's got a lot of good stuff in it from what I've read so if your Beardie likes this it definitely shouldn't hurt. I just always look at ingredients and reviews on products im not familiar with just to be on the safe side. A friend of mine says she has seen people use it for special occasions (like holidays) to make cakes shaped like different thing for their dragons lol

Omg cake shapes! Lol love it. Thank you so much!

BreezyBeardie

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":yd8y7fo9 said:
I know a chap in NZ who used it to raise his beardie , and uses it because live bugs are extremely expensive in NZ.

I believe it's a very good product and can be used as staple if you are unable to get access to live insects.

That said I've never used it, but will likely buy some to keep on hand as a backup along with the http://www.wombaroo.com.au/reptiles/reptile-supplement

Awesome sounds great! Definitely going to try it.

Anyone recommend the best place to get it? Website site is pretty cheap for the smallest size being $10 and only $3 for shipping I believe?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've heard good things about it. Repashy makes some really nice products so I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

How much should I give a full grown dragon? We give her about 25 large Phoenix worms once a week and salads daily. I want to introduce her to it in case we can't get bugs right away or leave her with someone who isn't ok with bugs for a weekend.

BreezyBeardie

Original Poster
ValeskaRose":1hdx104n said:
How much should I give a full grown dragon? We give her about 25 large Phoenix worms once a week and salads daily. I want to introduce her to it in case we can't get bugs right away or leave her with someone who isn't ok with bugs for a weekend.

Great question I'm not really sure! I haven't bought mine yet but I am going to next week.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I finally ordered some and give my 5month old about two quarter sizes everyday to add more variety to her diet. It's made of mostly BSFL and lots of other good stuff so I don't see why giving him a fair amount would hurt. I noticed all videos I can find online they give about half a spoon to an entire teaspoon full at a time to adults.

I use both the grub pie and veggie burger for my Uromastyx, because he won't eat anything with calcium or multivitamins on it. Both products are nutritionally balanced, and Onyx will eat it right out of my hand, he thinks its a treat.

Linus, the beardie, on the other hand won't touch either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom