Does this enclosure look alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro

Hatchling Member
29897460975_c33d246d22_h.jpg

The basking ramp on the right has a hot spot of 104* and gradually goes down to about 85* which is also the temperature of the floor next to the ramp. The ferret hammock usually stays at a decent 80* while all the way on the "cool off" log is about 75-76*. The floor is made out of real stone tiles I found on sale at homedepot, with some paper towels underneath. The top is the zilla fresh air top which is more of a mesh rather than screen, so that way more UVB gets in. Right now I have the Zilla50 but will be recieving the Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO and hood in the mail. The basking spot sits about 9.5" inches away from the top of the enclosure. The wood is Mopani which was baked at 250* for about 2 hours, the ramp is just a cat scratcher thing I found, and the ferret hammock is, well, a ferret hammock. Any improvements I could make to the cage? I am picking up my beardie in a few hours :)

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Looks great! And everything sounds perfect. The only thing I might suggest is if the dragon is a baby maybe increase those temps just slightly. Try getting the hottest spot on the basking ramp between 105-110 and the cool side between 80-85. Babies tend to like it a little warmer than juveniles and adults. And you will love the reptisun 10.0 T5 it makes the enclosure so bright and vibrant plus your dragon will love it :)

Gyro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My little clementine is a little over a year old haha. Poor thing had a blackish beard all day and barely moved and didnt eat at all. just wherever I sat her she would stay. I figure its the new enclosure and it seems like shes shedding plus the breeder just said she has a shy personality. We'll see if she perks up a little bit tomorrow and maybe she'll eat the tasty greens and black fly larvae :). She pooped quite a bit today, but I immediately cleaned the tiles with clorox disinfecting wipes, then rinsed them well with running water and sat them outside in the sun to dry before putting them back in. I hope she is all right :( :(

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Oh forgive me than, those temps are perfect for her.
Poor baby :( I'm sure it is the the new environment. With a shed on top of this she is probably under a lot of stress. The blackish beard definitely sounds like she is stressed. Just give her a little time to settle in. continue offering food and lots of love and patience and she will eventually adjust just fine. Her pooping is definitely a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom