PLEASE READ!!! Unhealthy feces young beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindseygirl02

I am a first time beardie owners with my 10 month old beardie named Norbert. I have wanted one forever and my parents finally agreed a few months back. He has been healthy for his whole life but recently I have realized that he hasn't been acting normal. He has never been the most active dragon but he has been even less active lately. His feces have also been VERY runny and smelly. However about a week ago, we got him a 67 gallon tank changed from a 20 gallon tank. I have a 100w basking light and 75w nighttime lamp. I have a basking spot for him a little over half way half way up the tank and that is where he has been staying 90% of the time. We also have not been able to get him bugs this week so his diet has been of veggies. Do I need to change his cage temp.? Or is it because of his diet change? Or maybe even parasites? Other than the poo he looks completely normal. PLEASE HELP ME!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lindseygirl02":34lymir9 said:
I am a first time beardie owners with my 10 month old beardie named Norbert. I have wanted one forever and my parents finally agreed a few months back. He has been healthy for his whole life but recently I have realized that he hasn't been acting normal. He has never been the most active dragon but he has been even less active lately. His feces have also been VERY runny and smelly. However about a week ago, we got him a 67 gallon tank changed from a 20 gallon tank. I have a 100w basking light and 75w nighttime lamp <<<< what kind of globe is it , is it a coloured globe or shaped like a mushroom ? photo please . I have a basking spot for him a little over half way half way up the tank and that is where he has been staying 90% of the time. We also have not been able to get him bugs this week so his diet has been of veggies. Do I need to change his cage temp.? <<<< If he is using the basking spot lots, it's a sign it's in a temperature range he likes. Wont hurt to measure the temperature and make a note of it though.
Or is it because of his diet change? Or maybe even parasites? Other than the poo he looks completely normal. PLEASE HELP ME!!

I'd say normal.

Yes their poos can be very stinky (especially if the save them up for a few days , which is what my two 10month olds are doing lately).
A change in diet can and often does upset their tummies for week or two.

At his age he should be getting feeds of live insects every day, plus the salad/veg. Just giving him vegs will be totally inadequate and will not provide his dietary requirements.

I think the behaviour is pretty typical TOO , some will have periods of activity wanting out essentially ie my Toothless (boy) , others are much more laid back and like to bask and watch the world or TV or their pet humans (ie my Peppa (girl)).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are your basking temperatures for him right now?
Do you use a digital probe or temp gun to measure temperatures?
It is normal for their stools to be watery to some extent, but they may be extra runny due to not having enough protein right now.
Sometimes changing them into a new environment can also stress them a bit but he should adjust pretty soon.
If the stool continues, you can definitely get a fecal done on him just to be sure he doesn't have high amounts of worms or coccidia.
Which UVB light are you using for Norbert?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom