Liquid coming from mouth and nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michellevnc

My fiancé and I recently rescued a bearded dragon (2years old, never handled by previous owners) and when we hold her, she puffs up, turns jet black, and hisses (clearly she's not used to being held) but today when holding her, when she hissed, a clear liquid came out of her nose and mouth, almost like drool and boogers. Is this a uri??? Lately, she has been submerging her head in her water bowl at least once a week and drinkin for 5-10 minutes straight.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she is dehydrated if she's drinking that much. She may have overdone it a bit. I would switch to offering water by dropping it on her nose via plastic syringe or dropper rather than letting her dunk her head and drink a lot at once. Give her small amounts several times a day. This will help her take in the water she needs without letting her overdo it and possibly cause problems. Hopefully she will get enough soon and with a proper diet, will get the hydration she needs directly from her food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom