Going out of town and need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzynom

I'm going out of town for about two days due to work and I need some advice. I'll be leaving at about 1am on Friday morning and won't be back till about 7pm Saturday evening. I have a friend coming over Friday morning and evening and Saturday morning to take care of my 2 month old beardie. I've written detailed step by step instructions about feeding and misting and lighting but I'm still just worried about him. Can someone who has left their beardies for a bit give me some advice?

It sounds like youve done the right thing having a buddy come over. When i had my roomate watch over my beardie for a week i just asked him to send me videoclips when he fed my baby so i could be sure she was healthy. I hope your lights are on a timer i assume they are. So long as you trust your buddy i think you should be fine, and make sure he cleans the poop.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's the right thing to do. Just write out your routine and have food and cleaners available. A couple days is no big deal. It gets easier as they get older. An adult can be left alone for several days without a problem if lighting is automated. If you go away a lot it's nice to have a webcam set up so you can check in from the road too.

Enzynom

Original Poster
I trust my friend, I just hate having to leave my baby. I hope he will be alright :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The anxiety is the worst part. He will be OK as long as he gets some fresh food and cleanups.

SDragons

Juvie Member
sounds like you have it all under control and your beardie will be in good caring hands. Try not to worry.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
It's hard leaving them behind...but sounds like your friend will have everything in order. Try not to worry - I know that's easier said than done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom