Beardie has black sticky skin on his nostril

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Landcaster is about 3 years old, I got him when he was 2-3 months old. Recently he has gotten metabolic bone disease in his two front legs which I am currently working on, but just a couple days ago I noticed he has a black dot right next to his left nostril. I thought it was just a stain but when I felt it it felt kind of hard/sticky. I don't know if this is something that revolves around his leg problems or something else, or if something got on him. I really hope it isn't as bad as I'm thinking it is :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, posting a few pics will help, here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attac pics to your post.

But it's probably just a stain of some kind, food or even a spec of dirt or poo, beardies often do get dirty spots. :) It wouldn't at all be related to her MBD.

can we please see a picture of this? and give your beardie a get well from me. and yes i do know what happens when MBD is in action and caught in later stages. mine died very recently but not to sickness. she escaped and was run over. it may be just dirt but we cant be so sure please show us a picture

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is there any way you can post a larger pic ? It's been there for over 2 weeks I see....I'm not sure what it might be. Have you tried wiping it down with a paper towel + warm water ? Are there any loose crickets in his tank that might have bitten him there ? It looks like dirt but may be fungal. Someone else may have ideas....if it persists or gets worse, see if you can have an experienced reptile vet look at it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was thinking maybe it's a shed nose plug that is stained somehow. It's tough to say with such a small photo though. I agree a larger photo would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom