Trying to Dig? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my bearded dragon lincoln is very active :blob8:. He has been sleeping a lot lately and acting lazy but today it changed. Was it Brumation?
Today though he ran under his basking platform and started trying to dig under my reptile carpet. Is there something wrong with my temperature? It is usually around 30 C on his basking spot. I do have a cool down side. I'm pretty sure I've got everything he needs like heat bulbs and a UVB light. I do have many hides, climbing stuff etc. Why is he doing this?! :banghead:

KadesBeardie

Original Poster
They weren't sure at the pet shop of his age. He is about 9 inches long. We do not know if he is a male for sure.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
If he is a she, she might be trying to lay eggs, even if there is no male. The best thing to do is set up a lay box. You can do this with a plastic container and a 'sandcastle' consistency of playsand and soil.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh well, he's much too young to brumate....but you definitely need a few adjustments . His basking temp. is much too cool...it needs to be 40c rather than 30c, the cool side can be about 27C. Can you list the exact type + brand of lights your'e using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom