This is how he spends his day! STILL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So this is how Mordecai spends most of his days and has been doing this for weeks.
86288-91045471.jpg
86288-5336493351.jpg
If I'm lucky and ge comes out of his hide this is what he does[ximg]86288 7462971094[/ximg]
Just hangs out on the floor of his tank under his lights.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor sleepy guy. Hopefully he wont slow down for too long and will be back to his old self soon.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ya I hope so. He has been like this for about a month except the other day my husband said he was a wild man. Running around his cage glass surfing so he let him out to potty and run around the room. He said he ran around for over an hr. Then back to sleepy time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd offer some food but leave him be. If he wants to come out for a meal and a bask, great, but I wouldn't force it.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
This is my Smaug to a tee! He is so sleepy. I am packing up to move 200 mi. north, so I am really busy. Kind of nice because I don't feel like I'm neglecting him! Had him outside for awhile yesterday. Ran all over the place for a good amount of time. I brought him in and he immediately fell back to sleep. Off to get his check up now before I leave the area. Will be funny to take a sleeping dragon in for a physical. In the mean time, his feeders are eating me out of house and home!

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I offer him greens everyday but as far as bugs I would have to take him out because I don't feed him in his tank. How long will this go on for. I miss my scally friend :(

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So if this is burmation what do I do? Do I leave him alone in his hide all day not eating do I encourage him to come out and bask and try to feed him? I don't like this and I'm starting to get worried. He lost 13g in the last 4 days but before that has been gaining. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Have you tried leaving his lights off to see if he will actually go to sleep? When my torque went into partial brumation like this, I always encouraged him to fully sleep so he wasn't using up energy while he was off food.

If he opens hie eyes at all when lights are off, then he doesn't want to fully sleep, turn them back on. You can weight him once a week to watch for weight loss, some is normal during brumation.

Also, a vet visit to check for illness/parasites is always a good idea when they slow down like that, just to make sure.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I turned his lights off. He just lays there head up eyes open. Should I pull him out and make him bask?

Gail

BD.org Addict
You could try but if it is partial brumation, there really isn't anything you can do to force him more active.
Have you tried feeding him at all? What is the temp down in his cave? Torque would usually eat a little when he was like that and he also hide under his basking platform, it must have been warm enough for digestion as he still pooed regularly.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I made him come out yesterday he basked all day and I got him to eat some super worms and salad and then I took him out again this morning before I left for work and he ate more worms and my son said he is still basking. So I guess I will just keep doing that. The temps in his hide are in the low 90's high 80's. His last poo had undigested crickets in it so I am making sure he basks. But I also just moved his hide under his basking spot. Before that it was low 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom