Eating more veg, barely any bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior is eating barely any super worms, he is eating more veggies. He goes 2-3 days without worms, lays in his water, eats vegs, stool is ok but today seemed runny. I worry he isn't getting his vitamins and calcium since we put it on his worms. We got spray but he hates it so we are switching back to powder. But do I put it on his veggies? Is it normal for them to forego insects a few days at a time?

JuniorBeardie

Original Poster
He has been sitting in his water dish the last three days. Hasn't late any worms in 4 days. He eats his veggies. He is going to the bathroom. Do they just do that? Should I be concerned?

JuniorBeardie

Original Poster
Update! He ate 5 worms today (I also sprinkled calcium on his veggies and he ate that). His foot was shedding tonight and his leg as well. So maybe that explains appetite and constant use of water as a jacuzzi.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Shedding can definitely affect feeding. My girl did the same thing recently, favored veggies over bug but she stopped eating completely for 2 days. Once she shed, she was right back to her piggy self.

How old is your dragon? Skipping bugs for a few days shouldn't be a concern, especially since he was still eating his veggies well.

Gail

BD.org Addict
In that case, no need to worry if he goes without bugs for a few days. Adults need more veggies anyway

JuniorBeardie

Original Poster
87660-8282224885.jpg
So Junior's temps I think are regulated well. Mid 90s hot side 80's in the middle and 78ish on cool side. At night it gets cooler (but above 78). We think he is partially brummating but he is active if we take him out of the cage but sleepy in his take. He is eating some veggies daily, maybe a few world every 4days. Then it does "process" a few days later. Just not the same amount of eating he was doing just over a month ago.

Bathing him. Every 4-5 days we dropper water to him. Some pics. Just worried.
87660-2338506282.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom